This shouldn't bother me; however,

Noelle1966Noelle1966 Registered Users Posts: 87
:dontknow:Last week I was walking out of the pet shop. A panhandler on a bicycle came up to me and asked if I had any spare change. I told him in another language that I don't speak English. He said to me, "Oh, I get it. Pretending that you don't speak English." Then, I could have sworn that I heard him say that I had a big butt. Good thing I was wearing rather baggy pants and not something tight or else I would have really taken it personally. He also started to say some other things to me, but I really couldn't hear him. I chose to ignore him and walk into a coffee shop. I would have liked to have gone over and pushed him off of his bicycle, but I thought that arguing with him just wasn't worth my time. I am the first person who will donate food and blankets to the Salvation Army and homeless shelters, but I get so angry when people come up to me and ask me for money. Most of the time I am not carrying money on me. I have bought food for homeless people, but I have actually had some complain that this type of food makes them sick. I'm not a mean person, but this did hurt my feelings.
3A. I like Wella Kolestral. I also like a lot of products made by Nexxus.

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    Try not to let crazy random people on the street hurt your feelings. You'll be a much happier person for it. :)
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    Ugh what a jerk. What he said really has everything to do with his unhappiness and not with you. Don't let his misery rub off on you.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    I agree with the other two posts...and who cares if he thinks you have a big butt?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • Noelle1966Noelle1966 Registered Users Posts: 87
    Well, I've always been such a little girl and I am finding it hard to weighing the most I've ever weighed in my life. However, I was wearing rather baggy pants that day, so maybe that contributed to it.:sad5:
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    ah...i didn't realize you had gained weight and was more self-conscious. feel better!

and for the record, he seems mean spirited so he would have said something else mean, so don't give it much thought. :happy7:

Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • Noelle1966Noelle1966 Registered Users Posts: 87
    I used to be anorexic, but I have put on weight. Even though I look far better now than I did when I was anorexic, it is still difficult to hear anything about me having any extra weight. I guess that I have never found that happy medium and having someone point out extra weight to me is very hard.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file