lemon juice for dirtylooking hair?

Well I've been thinking about starting the CG method and stop using shampoo. I've heard that you can use lemon juice to make your hair look less dirty if your hair looks greasy, but doesnt lemon juice dry your hair our really bad?..

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    Well I've been thinking about starting the CG method and stop using shampoo. I've heard that you can use lemon juice to make your hair look less dirty if your hair looks greasy, but doesnt lemon juice dry your hair our really bad?..

Yes in effect. That's what makes it not look greasy. But when people say that they are using lemon, they are talking about just adding a few drops of juice into their cowash conditioner. You may not need to do this at all if your hair responds quickly.
  • meheartpapermeheartpaper Registered Users Posts: 31
    I use lemon on occasion in my cowash to get rid of the greasy look. Just half a lemon mixed in with all my co-wash isn't enough to dry it out, and I only do it once in a while.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    When I first went CG, I did a lemon rinse once a week. Co-wash with some lemon juice mixed in. It really cut down on the greasy feeling.

I hardly ever use them now that my hair has adapted to no-poo.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file