CurlTalk

Anyone try new L'oreal Glossy Curls Gel?

WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 779Registered Users

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I looked at this but saw the castor oil and put it back. That is one ingredient my hair does not like.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I am having good luck with the L'oreal hydra gloss stuff so I would love to venture out and try some of their stylers. This one looks interesting - although I normally don't use sprays, but might sometime soon.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
    I picked up the spray gel today-I'll let you know how I like it!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 779Registered Users
    I bought some because I had a coupon. I really like it. I gives hold with very little crunch and makes my hair extra shiny.

It's similar to the Sammy spray gel in the pink bottle. The L'oreal has a much better scent.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmm...

my hair FREAKED out with the sammy gel. I still don't know why. Maybe I'll look into this and see what it does...
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
    I bought some because I had a coupon. I really like it. I gives hold with very little crunch and makes my hair extra shiny.

It's similar to the Sammy spray gel in the pink bottle. The L'oreal has a much better scent.

My results were similar -- I haven't tried the Samy gel, but the L'oreal gel is really nice. I love how it sprays out -- it's not super liquidy and you can spray it in your hands and use it like a regular gel too.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• curlybeautycurlybeauty Posts: 81Registered Users
    I picked it up yesterday and I plan on trying it tomorrow. I hope it works well!

• diggitydiggity Posts: 58Registered Users
    I'm also very curious about this one!
    3Aish hair, thin and fine-to-medium in texture, couple inches past shoulder length
    Routine:
    Wash/Condition: Jessicurl GLS, Aloeba, Too Shea
    Curly: GVP The Cream (love this)
    Straight: Ojon Tunu on wet hair, Aveda Smoothing Fluid and Style Prep Smoother before flat ironing or blow drying
  • WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 779Registered Users
    'Just hoping the castor oil in it won't cause me problems. I use a sulfate shampoo at times and alternate all my stylers, so I should be ok.
  • claire cobraclaire cobra Posts: 25Registered Users
    The castor oil in it is PEG-40 modified, so it is water soluble. I only co-wash and I really haven't had any issues.

I really love this gel! It has a good hold. I've never used a spray gel before, but I like how I can evenly apply the gel to my hair (I put it on my dripping wet hair).
    Also- it's not "sticky"- I can easily spray it on second-day hair for better definition, and I don't even need to water it down!
    Queer by nature, proud by choice! :color:

CG since June 2008 / 3A

Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo
    Oil: 100% pure Tea Tree Oil (massage into scalp before shampooing to relieve itching and flaking)
    Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
    DT: AOHR with Honey and Olive Oil
    Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner
    Products: AG re:coil, L'Oreal Vive Pro Glossy Curls Spray Gel, MOP C-System Shaping Serum