CurlTalk

I BC'd After 10 Months of Transitioning

NadieNadie Posts: 51Registered Users
Well, Sunday morning around 2am I got the urge and BC'd.:D I was planning on waiting until July but I just couldn't wait anymore! It's short, but what the heck... Some interesting observations I made; the crown, which appeared to be the most coarse area throughout my transition, now looks as if it's the most loose and soft. Another thing is that about six months ago I cut the relaxed ends off of 2 strips of hair in my nape area and now they are twice as long as the rest of my hair; I think that's interesting. Detangling and Co-washing is a breeze! I wore my hair out that same day and I liked it, but I'm not quite ready to wear it out at this length, so I purchased a half wig today which I plan to wear on and off until around July or whenever I can get my hair in a ponytail... I'm still manipulating the wig to get the desired look, but so far so good:thumright: Okay, enough rambling, here are some pics.

Comments

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Oooh! Very pretty! You look wonderful!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • tnaturaltnatural Posts: 362Registered Users
    Looks great!! Are these pics with the wig? If not, I don't think you need it at all. It looks pretty just the way it is. Congrats!!!
    Last texturizer-9/18/08
    BC-12/30/09

event.png
  • preddy_blakkpreddy_blakk Posts: 39Registered Users
    very pretty! i don't think you need the wig, but congrats!!!

event.png

Last Relaxer: 10/18/2008

Probable BC : 10/10/2010
  • naturalnurse04naturalnurse04 Posts: 162Registered Users
    Congratulations girlie! Your hair is beautiful!!!
    "Don't remove the kinks from your hair, Remove them from your brain." -Marcus Garvey
    3c-4a, needs MOISTURE
    Last Relaxer: Sept. 6, 2008

79b9e9c5ce.png
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Lovely BC, congratulations. Another dead of night BC'er. I'm tellin' you there is something about night time and doing the BC!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    Lovely BC, congratulations. Another dead of night BC'er. I'm tellin' you there is something about night time and doing the BC!

It must be those late night snacks getting to them LOL :shock:

Congratulations!!!!! :hello1:
    Your hair is beautiful and you have good length for 10 months. It might be short compared to how it was before, but it'll be long again before you know it! ;-)
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• mixededmixeded Posts: 381Registered Users
    Congrats on your BC!! Gorgeous!
    :duckie: Fotki!
    Last relaxer: Feb. 2008
    Big Chop:
    Jan. 2009
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    Your hair is gorgeous. Congratulations on your BC. :hello1:
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NadieNadie Posts: 51Registered Users
    Thank you ladies for all of your wonderful comments! And by the way, for those of you who suggested that I don't need the wig... U are absolutely right! I've decided to just rock my curls!! But what a waste of money. I could've purchased some new products with that money:banghead: Oh well...
  • GermanCurlyGermanCurly Posts: 123Registered Users
    Wow! Your hair looks really nice! Congratulations!!!
    mother-tongue: German:tongue3: - sorry for the mistakes I'll make!!!
    3c/4a
    Last relaxer: August 14, 2008
    BC: July 11, 2009
    Fotki - PM for PW or leave a message in my guestbook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

event.png
  • zanii0506zanii0506 Posts: 176Registered Users
    your hair looks wonderful! i hope my hair is as long as yours when i bc in may...it'll be 11 months for me at that point

the half wig is cute too girl!
  • heyitsmefeheyitsmefe Posts: 101Registered Users
    congrats! your hair looks amazing!
  • cysycacysyca Posts: 362Registered Users
    Love your curls and congratulations!
    Live For Today!
  • livelycurlslivelycurls Posts: 30Registered Users
    congratulations!!! your bc looks so even
  • DeeMarieDeeMarie Posts: 56Registered Users
    Beautiful curls!
    BC'd April 25, 2009 :happy10:: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FDeeMarie617%2Fbc%2Fimage1.html" class="Popup

Started transitioning Feb. 2008. I love what I've discovered! My scalp thanks me every day.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FDeeMarie617%2F" class="Popup
    pword: hairitis
  • TennsTenns Posts: 40Registered Users
  • Jaguar PawJaguar Paw Posts: 199Registered Users
    LOL at you cutting off your relaxed ends at 2 am. The first time I big chopped was at 4am in the morning. I think I was a little high from not getting any sleep.
  • OnMyJourneyOnMyJourney Posts: 140Registered Users
    A 2am BC sounds just like something I'd do. lol

Congratulations, it looks awesome! Maaan, y'all are making me wanna get to chopping and I have 7 more months to go! :happy2:

I DID THE BC ON MAY 24TH, 2009 @ approximately 2:00am!
    :afro:

event.png