OCM and Aspirin Masks AGAIN....

senthere76senthere76 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi ladies,
I know that these topics have already been discussed in length. I spent several hours last night, VERY excitedly, reading through most comments. My excitement led me to do two things... first post my first topic here, and second go on a huge product shopping spree to purchase EVOO, CO, Aspirin, witch hazel, and some other things. This is HUGE for me considering my current daily facial routine includes washing my face with regular soap (or face soap if I take the time to buy some), putting the same body lotion on my face, and finishing up with some chapstick and clear mascara for my brows and lashes. Don't call the makeup police on me :oops: . Thank god I have my mother's "good skin" genes. I have oily skin and minor breakouts (mainly hormonal). Plus, I look up close in the mirror and I'm starting to notice my pores and uneven complexion and GASP five grey hairs!! Am I getting older (30 in a few months) or should I blame my two toddlers :) . At any rate, I must take action now.
I really like these two recipies because they are inexpensive, simple, and natural. I live a very natural lifestyle and with two small children any routine must take 45 minutes or less if it's going to get done. I was wondering if I can use them both in conjunction, like on alternating days? I was going to start with the aspirin mask because I am still a little wary of the EVOO despite the rave reviews. Don't get me wrong, EVOO is a "miracle serum". I used to use EVOO on my hair and skin all the time, but after a while I got really annoyed with the rancid oil smell that sticks to your clothes and sheets. Also, do I need to use a toner, like the witch hazel I just bought, after cleansing? Can anyone suggest a good moisturizer, cause the body lotion has to go?
Thanks for your input and for reading this long post.

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,686Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks to NC.com I have a simple routine using natural, inexpensive products.
    Instead of olive oil I mix castor and jojoba oils in a pump bottle. I massage it into my face, wash it off with black soap, then moisturize with a shea butter moisturizer I bought on ebay (LOVE it! Smells like chocolate!). Once or twice a week I use baking soda mixed with a little water as a face scrub, then the black soap and moisturizer.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    i do the same thing too. i mixed jojoba and castor oil in a bottle. apply to face and leave on while i shower. after showering, i use black soap to wash my face or sometimes, i just wet a wash cloth and use it to rinse off the oil.
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm so glad you guys said that! I love my black soap, but I so want the OCM to work. I never thought of washing the oil off with the black soap. Also, I've come to the conclusion that olive oil must be too heavy for my skin. Where should I go to get the jojoba oil? Do you order online mostly? Or would sweet almond work better, I wonder? One other thing, I've come to realize that my face really *needs* to be splashed with very cool water when I'm done with the OCM!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,686Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I buy my oils, soap, and moisturizer all on Ebay.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Posts: 483Registered Users
    OMG!! :shock:

I was just about to order DHC Olive Cleansing Oil to remove make-up before I use my black soap. Now I think I will read over the OCM threads and see if I can make my own.
    4a pencil-sized corkscrews that are low porosity, fine, thick, & layered

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file