Dirty Hair anyone?

pizazzpizazz Registered Users Posts: 239
I notice when I was relaxed I actually liked the way my hair looked the closer I got to my wash day, but now that I'm natural, when my hair's dirty, I'm finding more and more that my curls are stringy and less uniform; when I say dirty, I mean using lots of products, but still only washing 1x weekly. I wash 1x/week, but I cond. wash daily(I don't get 2nd day hair). But I only used Elucence shampoo or baby shampoo

Does anyone find that your hair performs so much better when it's just washed?
mostly4a/3c/frizz
http://public.fotki.com/pizazz/
pw:buttercup

Comments

• DocDoc Registered Users Posts: 367
    absolutely! There's no comparison between the look and overall feel of my hair freshly washed vs after several days of product buildup.

This is only an issue when wearing my hair out; when it's in a protective style, I don't mind applying moisturizing products daily until I take the style down
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!
  • ToyToyToyToy Registered Users Posts: 61 Curl Neophyte
    I prefer my hair freshly washed as well! I agree with OP that when my hair was relaxed, it looked better when it was closer to wash day, but now, I can't stand not washing my hair for more than two days!
    natural (chemical-free) since November 2005
  • msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
    I rinse/wash everyday and I love the way my hair looks. I also like grabbing my hair and smelling it, but I'm just weird like that, LOL.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • pizazzpizazz Registered Users Posts: 239
    So glad for your responses and now I don't feel like an outcast for washing as often as I do. I think as long as you put the moisture back in after washing it's no harm...
    mostly4a/3c/frizz
    http://public.fotki.com/pizazz/
    pw:buttercup
  • KindredGhost1983KindredGhost1983 Registered Users Posts: 1,187
    Yup...I wash twice a week with ABBA moisture scentsation.

I REALLY think Lorraine Massey needs to ease up on her anti-shampoo tirades
    Curlies add me on myspace!

www.myspace.com/agilruth
  • PreciousHoneyPreciousHoney Registered Users Posts: 254
    When I straightend my hair the other day it drove me crazy not to wash it. Dont feel bad for washing your hair. If it works for you then do it. I wash almost everyday with Elucence shampoo and love it. you do whats right for your hair!
    Precious Honey :)
    3c with some 3b at the bottom.
    Im lovin HENNA
    Light protein use

Co-wash: Suave Daily Clarifying Co
    Rinse-out: Back to Basics Pom Peach (old bottle) or GVP Conditioning Balm
    DT: GVP Condidtioning Balm with heat
    Leave in: Elucence MBC
    Gel: HEBE or Aussie Instant Freeze gel.
    Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balance
    http://public.fotki.com/Precioushoney/
  • bubbles76bubbles76 Registered Users Posts: 288
    That's a relief!! I don't use a lot of products on my hair, just gel and a leave in, but since chopping I've had to rinse with conditioner at least 4 times a week. I jog pretty heavy (sweating like a horse, hair dripping wet) 3-4 times a week, so my hair feels nasty if I don't at least rinse with conditioner. I shampoo and condition once or twice a week. I've only been natural a week, but my hair is loving this routine.

Segue: Will my hair become overconditioned with this routine?
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
  • bubbles76bubbles76 Registered Users Posts: 288
    Oops!! Double post.
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights