Question about GTTT & CG method

greetings fellow curlies...quick ? for ya. i have severely dry scalp (thanks to laura lee for posting some GREAT info that helped me figure it out!) and i want to try GTTTT. i see that the poo is sulfate free, so for those of you that are on the CG method & use GTTTT, do you use the poo and cond or the cond only? they sell it @ the target by my house and i've love to go & pick it up today...so any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated...oh and does jojoba oil work well for dry scalp? i have a full bottle that i've yet to crack open.....
thanks in advance!!
common sense is not common.....
CG since Jan 2009.....
No hair color since 2007..i've stopped fighting the greys....they always win....
3a/some 2c
clarify - ACV rinse
co-wash - NGTT calming conditioner or suave naturals tropical coconut
rinse-out - sally's GVP cond. balm
dt - sally's GVP k-pak or lustrasilk
leave in & styling - KCKT, KCCC, HESMU mousse
styling loves - DIFFUSING!!! & plopping

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    If you have a dry scalp, you need as much moisture as you can get! I'd lay off the shampoo for a while. I had the same problem about a month ago and GTTT conditioner as a co-wash helped me bounce back. The tea tree oil took care of any flakes I had, and it's a pretty thick conditioner.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • Misses_JaiMisses_Jai Registered Users Posts: 97
    If you have a dry scalp, you need as much moisture as you can get! I'd lay off the shampoo for a while. I had the same problem about a month ago and GTTT conditioner as a co-wash helped me bounce back. The tea tree oil took care of any flakes I had, and it's a pretty thick conditioner.
    ok - cool!! thanks so much. i'm dying to jet outta here and go get the products but i was waiting to hear back from the CG experts about what to do...so i'm off to get the GTTTT conditioner and some ACV cuz i need to clarify and i just read up on how it does wonders for acne prone skin....

thanks again curlyjenn!
    CG since Jan 2009.....
    No hair color since 2007..i've stopped fighting the greys....they always win....
    3a/some 2c
    clarify - ACV rinse
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    Misses_Jai wrote: »
    ok - cool!! thanks so much. i'm dying to jet outta here and go get the products but i was waiting to hear back from the CG experts about what to do...so i'm off to get the GTTTT conditioner and some ACV cuz i need to clarify and i just read up on how it does wonders for acne prone skin....

thanks again curlyjenn!

I don't think ACV clarifies. From what I understand (I don't use it myself), it only serves as an acidic substance to close the cuticle and make the hair shaft lay flat. It won't get rid of silicones
  • Misses_JaiMisses_Jai Registered Users Posts: 97
    Laura Lee wrote: »
    I don't think ACV clarifies. From what I understand (I don't use it myself), it only serves as an acidic substance to close the cuticle and make the hair shaft lay flat. It won't get rid of silicones

really? from what i've read, it removes product builup, which i'm due for. i have a few girlfriends that use it to clarify and as an astringent for their skin. they love it. i don't think i've got any more cones in my hair - i did a final baking soda & SLS poo a few weeks ago before i went CG and have been on program religiously ever since. i couldn't find GTTTT @ the target near my house so i'm gonna use your method of mixing brown sugar w/your suave for my scalp.

thanks for the feedback tho :D
    CG since Jan 2009.....
    3a/some 2c
    clarify - ACV rinse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file