Need help with thermal reconditioning in Sydney

orangemoon11orangemoon11 Registered Users Posts: 2
I just moved to Sydney, Australia from upstate New York last week, and my hair has looked like a bad wig since I stepped off the plane. Oh, the humidity! As far as I can tell, and I'm new to all this curl stuff, I'm a type 2B-C. At home I can step out of the shower, put in some leave-in conditioner, and generally it will dry in waves to ringlets and looks decent. Here it just gets HUGE. I have been seriously considering thermal reconditioning, but if I do it, I want to do it right.

Is there anyone that lives here that can recommend a salon/stylist?

Comments

• aimeezingaimeezing Registered Users Posts: 13
    It's the dead of summer, you've just arrived and you are talking about something drastic. Why don't you wait a bit and see if your products need some ajustment to account for hard/soft water, among other things.

Hang in there!
    3a/3b shoulder-length mousy brown hair
    No-poo since 2004
    CG since 2009

Feb 2009: considering a texturizer to loosen these curls a bit.
  • curlybeautycurlybeauty Registered Users Posts: 81
    Everyone I know talked me out of doing that to my hair. I'm glad I didn't flatten my curls permanently. But hey, if you seriously want to do it, go for it.

• xCuRlGiRlx1510xCuRlGiRlx1510 Registered Users Posts: 5
    I've been frying my hair all year so far, and One day my mom couldn't do it for me, so this week so far i haven' and I've decided to stop straghtening so much. But it all destroyed some of my hair, it will be a while before it can go back to normal. Definatley try some different hair products before you go there. Because you mgiht regret it.
    Marissa <3:lol:

CurlyGirl since 3/9/09:occasion7:

no current products in use! cant find the right one!:happy7:

Slowly re-building my hair from months of abusing straightening:wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file