We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

3a hair pics!

k_vssyk_vssy Posts: 240Registered Users
I was looking through the 3a forum, and while there's a thread of celebrity 3a pics, I couldn't find ones with pictures of all of our lovely hair. I look at the 3b forum and am jealous of their pictures, so I figured it would be good to have pictures of people with my own hair type to be jealous of too! So I'll start....
3a
Currently Using: Suave Coconut, Aldi's Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, LOOB, and LA Looks sport gel....cheap and simple seems to be working better!
ModCG since 10/31/08

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I'm already jealous. Your hair is amazing! Such beautifully even curls. :happy7:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • SillyMonkeySillyMonkey Posts: 6Registered Users
    wow you both have very beautiful curls..i thought i had type 3a but now i'm not so sure anymore. maybe it's 2b..
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Here is mine.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mine :)

DSC00334-vi.jpg

DSC00445-vi.jpg
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • sarah bellasarah bella Posts: 8Registered Users
    omg mims your hair is gorgeous!!
    event.png
    3a-3b
    CG since March 1, 2009
    Co-wash: Suave Cherry Blossom
    Loves brown sugar scrub!
    Products: got2b fat-tastic instant collagen infusion mousse
    Loves the diffuser
    Wants to start transitioning to completely natural/ homemade products
  • sharon5152sharon5152 Posts: 207Registered Users
    Well, here are my photos; excuse the dopey look on my face while I try to take my own picture!
    3a/b
    Wash: CJ Daily Fix, KM shampoo bars, Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying
    Co-wash/Condish: Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI & Styling: KBB milk, CJ Beauticurls LI, CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Lite cream, CJ CIAB
    DT: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Shea Butter

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fsharon5152%2F" class="Popup
  • Misses_JaiMisses_Jai Posts: 97Registered Users
    mine :D
    common sense is not common.....
    CG since Jan 2009.....
    No hair color since 2007..i've stopped fighting the greys....they always win....
    3a/some 2c
    clarify - ACV rinse
    co-wash - NGTT calming conditioner or suave naturals tropical coconut
    rinse-out - sally's GVP cond. balm
    dt - sally's GVP k-pak or lustrasilk
    leave in & styling - KCKT, KCCC, HESMU mousse
    styling loves - DIFFUSING!!! & plopping
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    omg mims your hair is gorgeous!!

aaaawwww, thanks! :toothy8:
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    n5810440_34756985_3686.jpg
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • SoCalCurlSoCalCurl Posts: 21Registered Users
    Wow! Gorgeous hair ladies! I thought I was a 3b, but--when it's not frizzy or crunchy--my hair looks a lot like k_vssy's. So... I'm wondering if I'm really a 3a. Hmmm, I wonder...the hair by my face and the hair underneath all turn to ringlets when properly moisturized though.

Here are my pics. The 1st two pics were taken in February--while I was still using sulfates and silicones. The last two I took this evening.

Ok, I can't get my pics to post (help, anyone?), so here's the link to my picasa. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fanneulshafer%2FHair%235309956894678528834" class="Popup

I'm also thinking of going CG again. I tried 2 years ago, but my hair was LOTS shorter (chin length), and just looked greasy all the time. I definitely DON'T want that to happen again. Do you think that ditching the 'poo would help define my curls better? [IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Anne\Hair_curl[/IMG]
    Hair type: Fine, thick/dense, low porosity 3A—with 3B mixed in.

My hair hates protein & LOVES honey!

Condish: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    Tools: Curls Like Us Curl Cloths, denman, finger-diffuser

CG since March 17th 2009!
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    SoCalCurl wrote: »
    Wow! Gorgeous hair ladies! I thought I was a 3b, but--when it's not frizzy or crunchy--my hair looks a lot like k_vssy's. So... I'm wondering if I'm really a 3a. Hmmm, I wonder...the hair by my face and the hair underneath all turn to ringlets when properly moisturized though.[IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Anne\Hair_curl[/IMG]
    If those pics in your album are representative, I'd say you're definitely primarily a 3a with just a few 3b bits mixed in.
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • SoCalCurlSoCalCurl Posts: 21Registered Users
    SoCalCurl wrote: »
    Wow! Gorgeous hair ladies! I thought I was a 3b, but--when it's not frizzy or crunchy--my hair looks a lot like k_vssy's. So... I'm wondering if I'm really a 3a. Hmmm, I wonder...the hair by my face and the hair underneath all turn to ringlets when properly moisturized though.[IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Anne\Hair_curl[/IMG]
    If those pics in your album are representative, I'd say you're definitely primarily a 3a with just a few 3b bits mixed in.
    Thanks SweetPickles. Yes, the pictures are fairly representative--the first two anyway. I think I was still on silicones when I typed my hair as 3b--and possibly a bit hopeful too (just maybe :))

Well, I'm two days into the CG routine, and happy to report that my curls are perking up! Yay! They're getting curlier with less frizz.
    Hair type: Fine, thick/dense, low porosity 3A—with 3B mixed in.

My hair hates protein & LOVES honey!

Condish: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    Tools: Curls Like Us Curl Cloths, denman, finger-diffuser

CG since March 17th 2009!
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    Look at all those beautiful curls!!!! I seriously ooh'ed and ahh'ed at every picture posted :)

My 3a hair (my hair changes curl pattern according to length...weird i know) from last summer:
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    k_vssy wrote: »
    I was looking through the 3a forum, and while there's a thread of celebrity 3a pics, I couldn't find ones with pictures of all of our lovely hair. I look at the 3b forum and am jealous of their pictures, so I figured it would be good to have pictures of people with my own hair type to be jealous of too! So I'll start....

K_vssy, your curls look absolutely fabulous, and shiny too! What is your current product rotation?
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fmelaniesusan%2F" class="Popup pw = 3ahair
  • curlyneencurlyneen Posts: 138Registered Users
    Here's mine!
    fine & thin, 3A/3B Botticelli curls
    Started CG July 6, 2008

Current experiments:
    - Deva Low Poo (every 3 days)
    - Suave Naturals coconut conditioner for cowash
    - AOHR for detangling the length
    - KCKT/KCCC combo
    - Diffuse with the Deva Fuser

my fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlyneen" class="Popup
  • GeoCurlGeoCurl Posts: 84Registered Users
    Curlyneen, I love your hair! My hair is just past my shoulders, but I've been toying with shortening it. Yours makes me inclined to go start cutting! :)
  • k_vssyk_vssy Posts: 240Registered Users
    Thanks! I'm not actually totally settled into a rotation...I had been using suave coconut or VO5 for co-wash, LVPNG or one of the back to basics conditioners as rinse out, and leaving in one of those. And biotera or HEBE gel along with lustrasilk shea/mango. Just this week I started trying soap bars and AO Island Naturals. I like them both so far! I've tried to stay pretty cheap, but I'm not as scientific about trying things out as other people.
    3a
    Currently Using: Suave Coconut, Aldi's Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, LOOB, and LA Looks sport gel....cheap and simple seems to be working better!
    ModCG since 10/31/08
  • CurlyWorlyCurlyWorly Posts: 3Registered Users
    here is mine!

im so J... everyone has such beautiful hair

Ps. im not CG yet, will be soon though! hopefully my curls should have a major improvement then!
  • CurlyQMomCurlyQMom Posts: 203Registered Users
    Gorgeous hair ladies! Shellynot - I adore your hair!
    Sulfate & Silcone Free since July 2009
    2C-3A normal to high (ends) porosity, medium texture, lower end of med density
    Currently experimenting with Water Only Washing and dropping stylers

Negative on: AOHR, mineral oil
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurlyQMom%2F" class="Popup
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Where did this thread come from??

3As rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG][/img]IMG_6284.jpg
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    my 3a/2c curls...looking a little looser than usual because of recent henna use.

curls.png
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • MJLoveMJLove Posts: 70Registered Users
    MDRB, your hair is so beautiful! :) I really hope my hair will look like yours as my hair continues to heals from my evil flat-ironing ways. Here is my wavy/curly head of hair, complete with crazy overhead kitchen lighting that makes random patches of my hair look orange, lol! I'm pretty much ringlets mixed in with chunky S-waves; my hair has no rhyme or reason. It's different textures all over! Hoping for more 3A potential...

curlyupdate3.jpg
    3a, wurly girl
    loving deva angell, aohr, and mill creek botanicals jojoba poo

• dernhelmdernhelm Posts: 84Registered Users
    CurlyWorly, your hair is beautiful! I am so envious of your length...
    very fine/dense/high porosity
    No heat styling

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MJLove wrote: »
    MDRB, your hair is so beautiful! :) I really hope my hair will look like yours as my hair continues to heals from my evil flat-ironing ways. Here is my wavy/curly head of hair, complete with crazy overhead kitchen lighting that makes random patches of my hair look orange, lol! I'm pretty much ringlets mixed in with chunky S-waves; my hair has no rhyme or reason. It's different textures all over! Hoping for more 3A potential...

curlyupdate3.jpg

Thanks MJ! Your hair is looking great! I think most people have different textures on their head, personally I have 3a and some 2 underneath but when it gets long the ends look like 3b...
    Fine, very porous 3a
  • ElithiaElithia Posts: 297Registered Users
    I'm thinking of cutting mine, because it's so heavy now that the curl tends to pull out a bit.. Buuuut...this is what it looks like right now....

I've probably got some 3b as well, but I'm not sure. It depends on the day.

100_7950.jpg
    100_7965.jpg
    100_7909.jpg
    Proudly CG since 8/10/06 - the story of my hair!
    Type: 3a/b, very thick
    Length: almost BSL wet
    Products: Suave coconut conditioner, coconut oil, Totally Twisted gel

Don't forget to be awesome!
  • dernhelmdernhelm Posts: 84Registered Users
    Here's mine, it's a crappy pic. I'm pretty sure I'm a 3a

curly.jpg
    very fine/dense/high porosity
    No heat styling

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elithia wrote: »
    I'm thinking of cutting mine, because it's so heavy now that the curl tends to pull out a bit.. Buuuut...this is what it looks like right now....

100_7950.jpg
    100_7965.jpg
    100_7909.jpg

Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! I'm hoping this is what my hair will look like when it gets longer. I agree that your ends look like 3b.
    Fine, very porous 3a
    mdrb wrote: »
    Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! I'm hoping this is what my hair will look like when it gets longer. I agree that your ends look like 3b.
    Thanks. :) It's been a long, slow process, but for about the last year I've actually been happy with it. So satisfying when things finally work out!

• tengoRizostengoRizos Posts: 195Registered Users
    mdrb wrote: »
    Elithia wrote: »

100_7950.jpg
    100_7965.jpg
    100_7909.jpg

oh my gosh, major hair envy...seriously i think my jaw dropped open. im trying to grow mine out, and i can only hope it looks as good as yours when it does
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

Aww, thanks...I feel like I'm ruining the moment, but I actually just got it cut!

Er, got it cut? I actually cut it myself. In front of my mum's medicine cabinet. With a pair of sewing scissors. But it turned out really, really well!

Pictures:

100_8094.jpg
    100_8109.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file