CurlTalk

3a hair pics!

k_vssyk_vssy Posts: 240Registered Users
I was looking through the 3a forum, and while there's a thread of celebrity 3a pics, I couldn't find ones with pictures of all of our lovely hair. I look at the 3b forum and am jealous of their pictures, so I figured it would be good to have pictures of people with my own hair type to be jealous of too! So I'll start....
3a
Currently Using: Suave Coconut, Aldi's Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, LOOB, and LA Looks sport gel....cheap and simple seems to be working better!
ModCG since 10/31/08

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I'm already jealous. Your hair is amazing! Such beautifully even curls. :happy7:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • SillyMonkeySillyMonkey Posts: 6Registered Users
    wow you both have very beautiful curls..i thought i had type 3a but now i'm not so sure anymore. maybe it's 2b..
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Here is mine.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mine :)

DSC00334-vi.jpg

DSC00445-vi.jpg
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • sarah bellasarah bella Posts: 8Registered Users
    omg mims your hair is gorgeous!!
    event.png
    3a-3b
    CG since March 1, 2009
    Co-wash: Suave Cherry Blossom
    Loves brown sugar scrub!
    Products: got2b fat-tastic instant collagen infusion mousse
    Loves the diffuser
    Wants to start transitioning to completely natural/ homemade products
  • sharon5152sharon5152 Posts: 207Registered Users
    Well, here are my photos; excuse the dopey look on my face while I try to take my own picture!
    3a/b
    Wash: CJ Daily Fix, KM shampoo bars, Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying
    Co-wash/Condish: Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI & Styling: KBB milk, CJ Beauticurls LI, CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Lite cream, CJ CIAB
    DT: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Shea Butter

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fsharon5152%2F" class="Popup
  • Misses_JaiMisses_Jai Posts: 97Registered Users
    mine :D
    common sense is not common.....
    CG since Jan 2009.....
    No hair color since 2007..i've stopped fighting the greys....they always win....
    3a/some 2c
    clarify - ACV rinse
    co-wash - NGTT calming conditioner or suave naturals tropical coconut
    rinse-out - sally's GVP cond. balm
    dt - sally's GVP k-pak or lustrasilk
    leave in & styling - KCKT, KCCC, HESMU mousse
    styling loves - DIFFUSING!!! & plopping
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    omg mims your hair is gorgeous!!

aaaawwww, thanks! :toothy8:
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    n5810440_34756985_3686.jpg
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • SoCalCurlSoCalCurl Posts: 21Registered Users
    Wow! Gorgeous hair ladies! I thought I was a 3b, but--when it's not frizzy or crunchy--my hair looks a lot like k_vssy's. So... I'm wondering if I'm really a 3a. Hmmm, I wonder...the hair by my face and the hair underneath all turn to ringlets when properly moisturized though.

Here are my pics. The 1st two pics were taken in February--while I was still using sulfates and silicones. The last two I took this evening.

Ok, I can't get my pics to post (help, anyone?), so here's the link to my picasa. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fanneulshafer%2FHair%235309956894678528834" class="Popup

I'm also thinking of going CG again. I tried 2 years ago, but my hair was LOTS shorter (chin length), and just looked greasy all the time. I definitely DON'T want that to happen again. Do you think that ditching the 'poo would help define my curls better? [IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Anne\Hair_curl[/IMG]
    Hair type: Fine, thick/dense, low porosity 3A—with 3B mixed in.

My hair hates protein & LOVES honey!

Condish: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    Tools: Curls Like Us Curl Cloths, denman, finger-diffuser

CG since March 17th 2009!
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    SoCalCurl wrote: »
    Wow! Gorgeous hair ladies! I thought I was a 3b, but--when it's not frizzy or crunchy--my hair looks a lot like k_vssy's. So... I'm wondering if I'm really a 3a. Hmmm, I wonder...the hair by my face and the hair underneath all turn to ringlets when properly moisturized though.[IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Anne\Hair_curl[/IMG]
    If those pics in your album are representative, I'd say you're definitely primarily a 3a with just a few 3b bits mixed in.
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • SoCalCurlSoCalCurl Posts: 21Registered Users
    SoCalCurl wrote: »
    Wow! Gorgeous hair ladies! I thought I was a 3b, but--when it's not frizzy or crunchy--my hair looks a lot like k_vssy's. So... I'm wondering if I'm really a 3a. Hmmm, I wonder...the hair by my face and the hair underneath all turn to ringlets when properly moisturized though.[IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Anne\Hair_curl[/IMG]
    If those pics in your album are representative, I'd say you're definitely primarily a 3a with just a few 3b bits mixed in.
    Thanks SweetPickles. Yes, the pictures are fairly representative--the first two anyway. I think I was still on silicones when I typed my hair as 3b--and possibly a bit hopeful too (just maybe :))

Well, I'm two days into the CG routine, and happy to report that my curls are perking up! Yay! They're getting curlier with less frizz.
    Hair type: Fine, thick/dense, low porosity 3A—with 3B mixed in.

My hair hates protein & LOVES honey!

Condish: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    Tools: Curls Like Us Curl Cloths, denman, finger-diffuser

CG since March 17th 2009!
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    Look at all those beautiful curls!!!! I seriously ooh'ed and ahh'ed at every picture posted :)

My 3a hair (my hair changes curl pattern according to length...weird i know) from last summer:
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users
    k_vssy wrote: »
    I was looking through the 3a forum, and while there's a thread of celebrity 3a pics, I couldn't find ones with pictures of all of our lovely hair. I look at the 3b forum and am jealous of their pictures, so I figured it would be good to have pictures of people with my own hair type to be jealous of too! So I'll start....

K_vssy, your curls look absolutely fabulous, and shiny too! What is your current product rotation?
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fmelaniesusan%2F" class="Popup pw = 3ahair
  • curlyneencurlyneen Posts: 138Registered Users
    Here's mine!
    fine & thin, 3A/3B Botticelli curls
    Started CG July 6, 2008

Current experiments:
    - Deva Low Poo (every 3 days)
    - Suave Naturals coconut conditioner for cowash
    - AOHR for detangling the length
    - KCKT/KCCC combo
    - Diffuse with the Deva Fuser

my fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlyneen" class="Popup
  • GeoCurlGeoCurl Posts: 84Registered Users
    Curlyneen, I love your hair! My hair is just past my shoulders, but I've been toying with shortening it. Yours makes me inclined to go start cutting! :)
  • k_vssyk_vssy Posts: 240Registered Users
    Thanks! I'm not actually totally settled into a rotation...I had been using suave coconut or VO5 for co-wash, LVPNG or one of the back to basics conditioners as rinse out, and leaving in one of those. And biotera or HEBE gel along with lustrasilk shea/mango. Just this week I started trying soap bars and AO Island Naturals. I like them both so far! I've tried to stay pretty cheap, but I'm not as scientific about trying things out as other people.
    3a
    Currently Using: Suave Coconut, Aldi's Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, LOOB, and LA Looks sport gel....cheap and simple seems to be working better!
    ModCG since 10/31/08
  • CurlyWorlyCurlyWorly Posts: 3Registered Users
    here is mine!

im so J... everyone has such beautiful hair

Ps. im not CG yet, will be soon though! hopefully my curls should have a major improvement then!
  • CurlyQMomCurlyQMom Posts: 203Registered Users
    Gorgeous hair ladies! Shellynot - I adore your hair!
    Sulfate & Silcone Free since July 2009
    2C-3A normal to high (ends) porosity, medium texture, lower end of med density
    Currently experimenting with Water Only Washing and dropping stylers

Negative on: AOHR, mineral oil
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurlyQMom%2F" class="Popup
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Where did this thread come from??

3As rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG][/img]IMG_6284.jpg
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    my 3a/2c curls...looking a little looser than usual because of recent henna use.

curls.png
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • MJLoveMJLove Posts: 70Registered Users
    MDRB, your hair is so beautiful! :) I really hope my hair will look like yours as my hair continues to heals from my evil flat-ironing ways. Here is my wavy/curly head of hair, complete with crazy overhead kitchen lighting that makes random patches of my hair look orange, lol! I'm pretty much ringlets mixed in with chunky S-waves; my hair has no rhyme or reason. It's different textures all over! Hoping for more 3A potential...

curlyupdate3.jpg
    3a, wurly girl
    loving deva angell, aohr, and mill creek botanicals jojoba poo

• dernhelmdernhelm Posts: 84Registered Users
    CurlyWorly, your hair is beautiful! I am so envious of your length...
    very fine/dense/high porosity
    No heat styling

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MJLove wrote: »
    MDRB, your hair is so beautiful! :) I really hope my hair will look like yours as my hair continues to heals from my evil flat-ironing ways. Here is my wavy/curly head of hair, complete with crazy overhead kitchen lighting that makes random patches of my hair look orange, lol! I'm pretty much ringlets mixed in with chunky S-waves; my hair has no rhyme or reason. It's different textures all over! Hoping for more 3A potential...

curlyupdate3.jpg

Thanks MJ! Your hair is looking great! I think most people have different textures on their head, personally I have 3a and some 2 underneath but when it gets long the ends look like 3b...
    Fine, very porous 3a
  • ElithiaElithia Posts: 297Registered Users
    I'm thinking of cutting mine, because it's so heavy now that the curl tends to pull out a bit.. Buuuut...this is what it looks like right now....

I've probably got some 3b as well, but I'm not sure. It depends on the day.

100_7950.jpg
    100_7965.jpg
    100_7909.jpg
    Proudly CG since 8/10/06 - the story of my hair!
    Type: 3a/b, very thick
    Length: almost BSL wet
    Products: Suave coconut conditioner, coconut oil, Totally Twisted gel

Don't forget to be awesome!
  • dernhelmdernhelm Posts: 84Registered Users
    Here's mine, it's a crappy pic. I'm pretty sure I'm a 3a

curly.jpg
    very fine/dense/high porosity
    No heat styling

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elithia wrote: »
    I'm thinking of cutting mine, because it's so heavy now that the curl tends to pull out a bit.. Buuuut...this is what it looks like right now....

100_7950.jpg
    100_7965.jpg
    100_7909.jpg

Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! I'm hoping this is what my hair will look like when it gets longer. I agree that your ends look like 3b.
    Fine, very porous 3a
    mdrb wrote: »
    Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! I'm hoping this is what my hair will look like when it gets longer. I agree that your ends look like 3b.
    Thanks. :) It's been a long, slow process, but for about the last year I've actually been happy with it. So satisfying when things finally work out!

• tengoRizostengoRizos Posts: 195Registered Users
    mdrb wrote: »
    Elithia wrote: »

100_7950.jpg
    100_7965.jpg
    100_7909.jpg

oh my gosh, major hair envy...seriously i think my jaw dropped open. im trying to grow mine out, and i can only hope it looks as good as yours when it does
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

Aww, thanks...I feel like I'm ruining the moment, but I actually just got it cut!

Er, got it cut? I actually cut it myself. In front of my mum's medicine cabinet. With a pair of sewing scissors. But it turned out really, really well!

Pictures:

100_8094.jpg
    100_8109.jpg