CurlTalk

Just one thing

curly_carly-janecurly_carly-jane Posts: 10Registered Users
Ok, say one thing about yourself that you think would surprise others (e.g. what you have done, been through etc). Obviously, don't say it if it makes
you so uncomfortable to share it.

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    I never had a headache until I was 17. I've now had one for 3 or 4 days.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    i've never traveled out of my time zone.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Waiting for marraige was likely a mistake, in my case.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    I like my cats more than I like most people. Oh wait, you said something that would SURPRISE others?? LOL.
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• jmwjmw Posts: 130Registered Users
    I was alone during all three of my pregnancies including the births.
    Hair Type: 3a/3b
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    In second grade, the school was worried about me because I never talked. So I used to have to go to this program (Time Together) to learn to be around other people.

Now, I have a hard time staying quiet. Several of my friends voted me Most Talkative for the yearbook.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I have lived on both the east coast and west coast of Africa.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    i've never had a bloody nose or broken bone.

(oops, is that two things?)

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• guinnessguinness Posts: 351Registered Users
    I used to race bikes. Road bikes and mountain bikes.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    I don't have a social security number.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users

Interesting...Why not? How not? How do you get stuff that people need an SS# to get?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    I'm afraid of driving over bridges!
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
    Phoenix wrote: »

Interesting...Why not? How not? How do you get stuff that people need an SS# to get?

Alright this is the long answer, but it's my best follow up question preemptive one...(though I don't mind covering something I won't here..)
    Philosophical/Christian objection. A lot of people wonder if that means I think SSNs are the mark of the beast, and I don't. The system could be rolled over into that (would be no problem linking up most major nation's systems, already do to an extent), but it seems there's a greater chance social security will just be replaced with an entirely new system. So I'm not opting out making that connection, there's enough other motivators, but at the same time it could be a precursor.

Apparently the year after I was born (86), it became more routine for it to almost seem mandatory in order to take your baby out of the hospital. My dad opted out for my brothers and I, but he always left the choice to get one up to us. He didn't pressure the viewpoint that motivated him to not get us one. My brothers wound up getting one when they wanted to drive. I was looking up if I needed my parents with me (was 17 at the time) to go and get one, and I found a guy's excellently researched website that gave more weight to the objections my dad had. They connected with me, so I decided I would just stay out of the system for now. Haven't yet opted in.

The district of the two year college I went to was sued for using ssn's as school identification numbers right before I attended, so I was able to use their own number for that. Four year also used school specific numbers. So I've been able to complete school. I just have never driven legally (at 17/18 I drove around a bit illegally...obviously not a good idea, haven't since) and I haven't had an over the table job. It's definitely difficult to establish an independent life, may get one or may keep pursuing alternative means of supporting myself.

Stark libertarians tend to understand the plight, and one such chronicled his "life without a number" online. He recently moved to Ecuador from Pennsylvania. He actually drove around without a license in Penn, since there was no possible means for him to get one without an SSN and SSNs are voluntary by law. He was pulled over and cited, summoned to court and ordered to pay a fine. He never payed it, cited the Catch 22s, and was intending to take his case further if it got to that, but the court just dropped it. Here in CA the red tape is incredibly thick though. Even though it would be illegal to ignore the merit of the argument, the convolution all the red tape lends would make it seem like it's not.

It should be possible to have a tax id number, or use an employee identification number for work. Ironically, it's easier to get a tax id number for yourself as a person (for a separate entity like a business, the rules are different) if you're foreign born than it is if you are native born. The hurdle left is for a prospective employer to feel your worth the trouble in figuring out how you can be processed. It's actually not difficult, but they have to be willing to discover that for themselves...and not find the lack of one too uncomfortably strange. So I'm pursuing that route while pursuing my own business on the side. I'm not eligible for Social Security benefits obviously, and am totally fine with that. Wouldn't be required to pay into them either.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

• kurlskurls Posts: 843Registered Users
    I had a security blanket (named fluffy) till I was 26!
    People will always do what they want to do...no matter what you say!
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I can't ride a bike.

*The lack of SSN sounds so interesting to me!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
    I can't swim. (it is my only unfaced fear)
    My Photobucket Album
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    I have about 20 trophies for showing cows.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
    I have about 20 trophies for showing cows.
    Thats very cool - I had no idea!
    My Photobucket Album
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    When I was 4, I picked up a button off the floor of the men's department at K-mart and swallowed it.
    3c/4a
  • MoppyTMoppyT Posts: 998Registered Users
    I've had a visible piece of pencil lead (yes, I know it's not really lead, but graphite) embedded in my hand for 25 years.
    The best revenge is living well. The second best revenge is fire ants.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    MoppyT wrote: »
    I've had a visible piece of pencil lead (yes, I know it's not really lead, but graphite) embedded in my hand for 25 years.

I have 2 pencil tattoos.

For the sake of children everywhere, I hope that jean purses never come back into fashion.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I still have my baby blanket on my bed. I am 38.

When I left my psycho ex (the one with the small willie), I had to sneak back into the house to get it because I was afraid he would throw it away.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I could swim before I could walk. Or even crawl.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    I had a third nipple. I thought it was cancer, had it removed....biopsied... breast tissue!
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    MoppyT wrote: »

Me, too! But I have you beat - mine's been in there since 1975.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • LilMissDivaLilMissDiva Posts: 87Registered Users
    I have a Lap-Band. I am very vocal about it though, so anyone who already know me knows this. When I meet new people though and I tell them, they are really surprised to find this out.
    3b B ii/iii
    Poo/Condish: Wash w/Poo 1x p/w. Co-Wash 4-5x p/w. Whatever is on sale at the Salons!
    Leave-in: JF/FE Curl Around, brush out/style.
    Curly CURRENTLY: L'Oreal SL Curl Spray/CW Curl Creme/FX Curl Boost Gel/Water Cocktail.
    Straight: FE Wind Down, InStyler :love7:FE Secret Weapon. Super soft lovely!
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    I still think the scariest character EVER in a movie is the Wicked Witch of the West. I can watch Psycho, Friday the 13th, etc... with no problem, but yet I have to sleep with the lights on after watching The Wizard of Oz.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
    Scarlet wrote: »
    I still think the scariest character EVER in a movie is the Wicked Witch of the West. I can watch Psycho, Friday the 13th, etc... with no problem, but yet I have to sleep with the lights on after watching The Wizard of Oz.
    Wow, same here. Those movies are no problem for me too. But I even saw an out of character interview of the Wicked Witch of the West actress and she still creeped me out, even though she had a friendly demeanor. Not sure if it has to do with being the one character that genuinely scared me when I was little, so the effect will always be with me...or she's just really scary :dontknow::lol: