CurlTalk

Knowing something is going to spill!!??

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
Do you ever have that feeling of knowing you are going to drop something or spill something? It just happened to me. I was taking out the oatmeal container and I was thinking - what a pain that would be if I spilled this and sure enough...I did. Oatmeal flakes on the floor and the counter!! ARGGH!!!:angry5:
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    When my two-year-old sets his cup of water down on the couch or the floor....but other than that, no.
    ehLB.jpg
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    This is so weird because this just happened to me yesterday. I filled a pot with water at the sink for the dog's waterbowl on the deck, and as I got closer to the door, I just had this feeling I wasn't going to make it, and the pot started to tip, spilling water on the floor and door. I was so pissed, but almost felt like my brain powers caused it to happen :angry5:
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hate that, but worse is the ability to predict something spilling, but not that your efforts of saving it you will dump it all over yourself.
  • lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    I've had that happen. An instant before it happens, I either just know it's about to happen and I can't stop it, or I do something stupid (such as pick up a piece of food and move it across the kitchen without a dish under it). As it's happening, I'm thinking "this is really dumb. I shouldn't do it!"

Also, lately I seem to be dropping and spilling just about everything. The other day it was an italian sausage (it was that thing I mentioned above about not using a plate, and it was speared on a fork). I had just said to my husband, "Oh, you thought there was one sausage left, but there are two!" (just had to say something, didn't I?)

:cat:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    On wednesday I bought myself a frappuccino. I picked it up and proceeded to shake it up, only to realize I had already opened the bottle. . . . Ah nothing like ice cold frappuccino on your skirt, desk, keyboard, on your shirt, down your shirt, in your hair to give that pick me up you need.
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    i can't predict a spill, but i can predict when a child will fall when she/he is running. i can predict when our daughter will trip.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    We were working with acids in science, and I had a feeling it was going to spill, but I ignored it. As we were pouring the acid from one tube to another, some of it fell on my hands.

It wasn't like straight acid though; I mean, no holes in my hand, it was heavily diluted and didn't hurt, but I still felt dangerous. :tongue3:
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    yes, I do that all the time.

I also know when a kid is going to fall, or crash into something. It's like I see it happen first. I'll be like, 'you're going to get hurt doing that' and then they do.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I have an otmeal spill story that involves COOKED hot oatmeal (with dehydrated apple chunks, no less) and steps covered with a burber rug.

I watched in super slow mo as it fell from my grasp.... it was at midnite, the night of a break up. Need I elaborate?:dontknow:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    Yes quite often- its the most strange experience, its like you know its going to happen, but you cant stop yourself from carrying out the action. Weird.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »
    I have an otmeal spill story that involves COOKED hot oatmeal (with dehydrated apple chunks, no less) and steps covered with a burber rug.

I watched in super slow mo as it fell from my grasp.... it was at midnite, the night of a break up. Need I elaborate?:dontknow:

I would have lost my mind. Poor thing.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • hayseedladyhayseedlady Posts: 646Registered Users
    I may not know it but the animals sure sense food is going to fall, they even gather at the predicted scene. My feet.

I hate it when you know something is going to fall, save it, gloat or feel good about yourself. Then it falls again making a bigger mess than it would have before.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    I am often aware of spills before they happen, even if it's only the slightest little nagging feeling, barely a conscious idea in my brain.

When I am calm and focused and I get that nagging feeling, I can prevent them. When I'm rushed, they tend to unfold, as predicted.