I love the banana yogurt conditioner!

So as weird as it sounds I went out and bought the plain yogurt and the baby food banana puree. mixed it with a tbsp of honey and a tsp of olive oil. It was great, very moisturizing. I am a 3c and after the banana mix my curls are just slighlty looser, less frizz. I will definitly do this again. although I must warn, it is kinda messy I splooshed it all over the bathroom when i was trying to comb it thru, and it will drip so wear a towel around your neck for 30 mins while you let it sit in there. all you curly girls give it a try!

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love this stuff with 2 tbs of coconut cream concentrate and 2 tbs of coconut oil and 1 tbs of ACV. It looks like a mousse custard -- and tastes good too:-D
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    LOL As messy as it sounds, it sounds like fun!
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's better to go all natural! That baby food sometimes has a bit too much sugar, so what i do is buy an avocado slice it up, slice up some bananas, slice up some strawberries, get get plain yogurt, buy one of those deep conditioners that come in a pouch, throw it all in the blender, and VOILA! hair smoothie!!!! Put it in my hair while its dry, make sure to get it allll in there, put on a shower cap, a hot towel and VOILA (again :tongue3:) !!!! it's a hot treatment! You can also go under the hot cap thing you go under when you have roller (sorry the word just left my head!). And TADAAAA! Smoother and shinier hair! you can freeze the remains and use it next time.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    LOL! Okay, this all sounds good, but it is starting to really make me hungry.:tongue:
    It's better to go all natural! That baby food sometimes has a bit too much sugar, so what i do is buy an avocado slice it up, slice up some bananas, slice up some strawberries, get get plain yogurt, buy one of those deep conditioners that come in a pouch, throw it all in the blender, and VOILA! hair smoothie!!!! Put it in my hair while its dry, make sure to get it allll in there, put on a shower cap, a hot towel and VOILA (again :tongue3:) !!!! it's a hot treatment! You can also go under the hot cap thing you go under when you have roller (sorry the word just left my head!). And TADAAAA! Smoother and shinier hair! you can freeze the remains and use it next time.
    Sugar is actually a good hair ingredient in the right quantities.
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Every time I see this thread title, I think of Trader Joe's 'vanana' yogurt, which I love.

Carry on …
  • vkb247vkb247 Posts: 266Registered Users

I also think that the sugar in the baby food is much more natural than any commercial deep conditioner.

I have been a big fan of yogurt/honey/banana baby food for a few months now. I am interested in trying it with the additions that you ladies are including.

My hair is protein sensitive but there is something about yogurt that my hair loves.
    Ayurveda Addict:love5:
    I Henna, Cowashing, Poo bars, KCCC, Eco Styler, Oils & Oil Rinsing and Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier:blob3:
    Always Playing with Herbs or Making Products
    :occasion7:Texlaxed <-- Click 4 Pics
  • FilantraFilantra Posts: 8Registered Users
    This recipe sounded so yummy i wanted to try it so i went and bought what i need but realised i need a lil more info...

Can i pre make it and leave it in the fridge? if so how long? Cos i dont think i have time to make it in the morning when i wash my hair.

How much yogurt? And i'm guessing its 1 small jar of the puree?

Do u use it on ur scalp as the co-wash or on the hair after the co-wash?
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users

I tried with real bananas (liquified) and I was still pulling almost microscopic pieces of banana out of my hair for almost a week, so I decided that I will attempt it again but with baby food bananas. I like the treatments I've made / created but don't enjoy pulling food out of my hair for days on end afterwards. LOL
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
    QVCDiva wrote: »

I tried with real bananas (liquified) and I was still pulling almost microscopic pieces of banana out of my hair for almost a week, so I decided that I will attempt it again but with baby food bananas. I like the treatments I've made / created but don't enjoy pulling food out of my hair for days on end afterwards. LOL
    Exactly why I use the baby food. Once with a real banana was quite enough.
    comic-p.jpg

• calicurly4lifecalicurly4life Posts: 43Registered Users
    Filantra wrote: »
    This recipe sounded so yummy i wanted to try it so i went and bought what i need but realised i need a lil more info...

Can i pre make it and leave it in the fridge? if so how long? Cos i dont think i have time to make it in the morning when i wash my hair.

How much yogurt? And i'm guessing its 1 small jar of the puree?

Do u use it on ur scalp as the co-wash or on the hair after the co-wash?

I havent tried making it the nit before , so i dont know... I would imagine it would be ok. I used half a container of yogurt (about 4 oz) and half a small jar of baby food. I have pretty thick shoulder length hair and that was enough to coat all my hair. If you have longer hair use more! I put it on the hair after washing and left it in for 30 mins.
    I make it fresh and discard any excess
    comic-p.jpg

• QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    The one and only time I've made the banana masque (banana, mayo, olive oil and honey) I made it on a Wednesday to be used Saturday AM. I put it in the fridge after I made it and it kept fine.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    I just took a shower and now I have this mixture on my head. Hopefully I will have good results with it.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Posts: 910Registered Users
    *BUMP*

I saw on a different forum how someone uses baby food bananas as a conditioner. Then, saw this and got excited. So all I need is honey, yogurt, and baby bananas? Mix together and leave on for 30 minutes? Does this benefit to use heat as well? Just making sure I have this right because I'm definately going to try this later!
  • dolaresdolares Posts: 69Registered Users
    Whattttttt i used overripe banana honey and olive oil I'm heavy handed so i put a lot of olive oil and honey in it my hair was soooo stiff and dry and horrible. I use yogurt and it made my hair stiff and dry so did coconut milk. I guess it is just the way you put the ingredients together.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 158Registered Users
    Sounds great - what does the strawberry do?

2a/3a, fine, highlights and lowlights, shoulder length. Chicago suburbs. 8-)
    Lo-poo: Terax Miele or Collagene, Unite Eurotherapy, CJ Daily Fix
    Co-wash: Suave Tangerine or Strawberry
    Rinse-out: Terax Crema, TIGI MM or Oatmeal/Honey, Biolage Cond Balm, CJRehab
    Leave-In: Beauticurls LI, LOOC, GDLI
    Stylers: Terax Silk Foam, KCCC, Komaza CHP, Aquage Megagel, ABBA Pure Finish
    SOTC: Tweek,CJ Beyoooticurls Leave-In!
    DT: JCWDT, Ouidad, Curl Fix

http://public.fotki.com/Shortstack66/
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 158Registered Users
    what i do is buy an avocado slice it up, slice up some bananas, slice up some strawberries, get get plain yogurt, buy one of those deep conditioners that come in a pouch, throw it all in the blender, and VOILA! hair smoothie!!!! .

Hi - sorry, this is a duplicate question. I'm new at this and posted my question without the quote. What does the strawberry do for the hair? (other than smell yummy of course!)

2a/3a, fine, highlights and lowlights, shoulder length. Chicago suburbs. 8-)
    Lo-poo: Terax Miele or Collagene, Unite Eurotherapy, CJ Daily Fix
    Co-wash: Suave Tangerine or Strawberry
    Rinse-out: Terax Crema, TIGI MM or Oatmeal/Honey, Biolage Cond Balm, CJRehab
    Leave-In: Beauticurls LI, LOOC, GDLI
    Stylers: Terax Silk Foam, KCCC, Komaza CHP, Aquage Megagel, ABBA Pure Finish
    SOTC: Tweek,CJ Beyoooticurls Leave-In!
    DT: JCWDT, Ouidad, Curl Fix

http://public.fotki.com/Shortstack66/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file