Another Person with CG Questions!

smo6767smo6767 Registered Users Posts: 409
Okay, many of these threads have been posted, but I have some questions before I start CG even though I have already looked at the introduction threads.

1. What kind of conditioner should I use?
2. Should I have a normal conditioner, deep conditioner, and leave-in conditioner?
3. Any product recs for deep/leave-in conditioners?
4. Do Herbal Essences gels make hair crunchy?
5. Should I get totally twisted or set me up gel from Herbal Essences?
6. How often should I wash my microfiber [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-ease-Towel-p-500.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlease-curlease-towel]curl-ease towel[/buylink]?
7. Where can I find Loreal nutri-gloss conditioner?
8. Are there any other CG friendly Loreal products?

I am really sorry for all of the questions. I know I've been on the site for a while but I haven't really tried this yet :). Thank you so much!
ICONATOR_bb56511c0b5e53f5d21289611d11a822.gif

Comments

• k_vssyk_vssy Registered Users Posts: 240
    Here's a few answers, though I'm sure they're incomplete...

1. You can use any conditioner that's silicone free. Everyone uses different ones based on the needs of their hair, so your best bet might be to find someone on the boards whose hair is similar to yours and then look at what products they use in their signature.
    2. You probably do want a thinner conditioner for CO-washing, which may not be heavy enough for normal conditioning. But you can leave in normal conditioners if your hair takes it well. Similarly, some people regularly use deep conditioners and some don't. It's all trial and error, but you can start off simple and only add in more products if you find that you need them.
    3. I don't use any deep conditioners, but I'll use any of my normal conditioners for leave ins-from the Suave and VO5, to heaver LVPNG or other conditioners. I've had luck with Lustrasilk Shea Mango too.
    4. Different people seem to have different experiences, but the Totally Twisted gel is the least crunchy and has the least hold, the Body Envy is somewhere in the middle, and the Set Me Up is the hardest hold and most crunchy. You can easily scrunch out the crunch from any of them though.
    5. Depends on whether you prefer more hold or less. The Totally Twisted isn't enough for me, but a lot of people like it. I actually really like the Body Envy, and no, it doesn't make my hair any bigger.
    6. I'd wash it just like you would wash any other towel.
    7. I got my LVPNG at Walmart, but I've also seen it at CVS, and in the grocery store. It's pretty readily available.
    8. I don't know. I haven't used any of their products.

Hope this helps!
    3a
    Currently Using: Suave Coconut, Aldi's Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, LOOB, and LA Looks sport gel....cheap and simple seems to be working better!
    ModCG since 10/31/08
  • smo6767smo6767 Registered Users Posts: 409
    Thank you so much! Now I have my list for my next Wal-Mart trip...

-LVPNG Conditioner
    -Set me Up gel
    -LOOB
    That's weird- I just looked on the walmart website
    to make sure they would have what I needed, and they don't have the loob. Has anyone else gotten it there before? Nevermind. Does anyone have any alternative suggestions if I can't find it?
    I know I've seen it at CVS. I don't know about Walmart. It's not a product I actually use...just one I've looked at on the shelf at CVS and considered.
    3a
    Currently Using: Suave Coconut, Aldi's Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, LOOB, and LA Looks sport gel....cheap and simple seems to be working better!
    ModCG since 10/31/08
  • .Musical.Junkie..Musical.Junkie. Registered Users Posts: 191
    i know the walmart near me has LOOB, it just might not be advertised
    3B, fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Starting CG over beginning June 2013

Co-Wash: Treseme Naturals
    Cleanse: Waiting on DB and CJDF
    Rinse out: Biolage CB, Yes to Carrots, Giovanni 50:50
    LI: Treseme Naturals, Yes to Carrots
    Stylers: KCCC
    PT: IAgirl's PT

No: Polyquats, BTMS in leave-ins/stylers
    Yes: Protein, ACV, Oils
    Thanks! I'll see tomorrow, when I go. Anything else I should look for?
    I went to WalMart and the ydidn't have the LOOB, so I got the LVPNG conditioner, and I was going to get the Herbal Essences gel, but instead I got a garnier fructis gel that is a gel/texturizer and it didn't have any silicones, but I think it had polyquat 4 if I remember correctly. Also, the LVPNG conditioner had a silicone- amodimethcone- is that water soluble?
    If it has a 'cone it's the wrong conditioner. Most of the nutri gloss conditioners do have silicones. You need the one in the light pink bottle that's labeled for long hair that's wavy/curly.
    3a
    ModCG since 10/31/08
    Oh, well that's okay. It is working well for my hair and it's only one silicone, I can just use shampoo once a week or something.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file