I want to start the CG Method - but i have a few questions

if i was tonight with a clarifying shampoo - how long do i have to wait until i do my 1st CoWash ?
Also can someone suggest the products i should use for this - drugstore only please

1- Cowash
2- conditioner
3- leave in
4- Gel

Also where can i buy a microfiber towel ?

Thanks

Comments

• CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Registered Users Posts: 350 Curl Neophyte
    if i was tonight with a clarifying shampoo - how long do i have to wait until i do my 1st CoWash ?
    Also can someone suggest the products i should use for this - drugstore only please

1- Cowash
    2- conditioner
    3- leave in
    4- Gel

Thanks

CoWash when you feel like you need a wash, I cowash everyday.
    CoWash/Conditioner- Suave Naturals
    Leave In - L'Oreal Out of Bed
    Gel - Flaxseed gel or Garnier Fructis spray gel
    Towel - Wal-Mart

Now all of this is just a cheap, initial guide to get you started. There are 1000's of products to choose from and depending on your hair porosity, texture, area you live in, etc., all of those things make a difference in what will work for you. I also strongly recommend you look in the recipe section of this forum. You will have a lot of things in your cupboard that are good for your hair.
    Hope this helps and good luck. It sounds corny, but you are starting an adventure.
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828

1- Cowash
    2- conditioner
    3- leave in
    4- Gel

Thanks

You would co-wash either right after your clarifying poo or your next wash. It's up to you. Just make sure that after your clarifying wash, you only use CG friendly products.

Suave naturals or Vo5 conditioners are very popular, readily available, and cheap if you're in the US

I love L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for Medium to Long Hair that's Wavy/Curly (the bottle must say exactly this; there are a couple other nutri gloss conditioners that do not say this and they are not CG friendly) as a drug store conditioner

You can just leave in some of the l'oreal as a leave in, or you can pick up some Giovanni Direct Leave In at target (in the same aisle as the burt's bees stuff), rite aid (general hair care aisle), kroger (organic section), or whole foods (hair care aisle) if you have any of those stores available to you

There are 3 herbal essences gels that are CG friendly (Totally Twisted, Set me Up, and Body Envy). I use LA Looks Sport Gel (big blue bottle...super cheap) and I like that a lot
  • Jennileeb1680Jennileeb1680 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thanks ladies !!! Laura i was just reading your blog - great tips !!:wav:
  • meheartpapermeheartpaper Registered Users Posts: 31
    This is what I did when I first started out and didn't know very much yet...

1. Cowashed with Suave Naturals, did this right after my last clarify.
    2. Conditioned with GVP conditioning balm, the generic Biolage conditioning balm. Target has the real thing if you don't have a Sally's near by, but it's more expensive
    3. and 4. I mix my leave-in with my gel, and starting out I'd mix another dab of the conditioning balm with Biotera Styling Gel (comparable to Biolage Gelee also found at Sally's)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file