Moisture without oil

HarimahsHarimahs Registered Users Posts: 39
Hello again. I wanted to do some experimenting on keeping my hair moisturized without using a lot of oils. For those of you who do not use oils how do you keep your hair moisturized?

Comments

• CreationCreation Registered Users Posts: 48
    You could try aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel.
    Righteousness isn't what you do it's a gift!

I'm still trying to find out what my hair type is!!
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Registered Users Posts: 2,648 Curl Neophyte
    In the humidity of the summer, some aloe vera gel and glycerin are all my hair needs... And I don't even have to apply it every day.

I've just received a sample for Qhemet Biologics, and I have to admit that I'm impressed with the results.

• ms.gms.g Registered Users Posts: 173
    Harimahs wrote:
    Hello again. I wanted to do some experimenting on keeping my hair moisturized without using a lot of oils. For those of you who do not use oils how do you keep your hair moisturized?

shea butter is nice.
    all natural.

my head is full of naps, coils, kinks and thickness. :)

http://public.fotki.com/missg1013/
  • HarimahsHarimahs Registered Users Posts: 39
    Ok I am going to try to find some aloe vera juice. I already have some shea butter. For some reason I thought shea qualified as an oil. I will post results once I start experimenting.
  • travelgirltravelgirl Registered Users Posts: 71
    You can use a little honey was well, I add some to my hair spritz. My stylist used some vegetable glycerin and I noticed that it did well on my hair.
    BC: 03/26/05
    CW and no oil
    O with some S
  • CostenyaCostenya Registered Users Posts: 520
    I don't use any oil when I wear my hair out and have what would be considered very, very nappy hair: it's extremely tightly coiled 4a and very course. I've been natural for five years and I spent over four of those putting oil on my hair until one day I decided to go withouth. I haven't turned back. The only time I use oil is when I twist my hair in the winter. I'm wearing a TWA again, so that's not an issue anymore.

The key to no oil is finding a really good leave-in conditioner and a really good curl-defining cream. I only use two products on my hair and they work effectively.
  • SuperSoftCoilsSuperSoftCoils Registered Users Posts: 36
    you might try aloe vera and glycerin and if you want to try a nice butter, maybe avocado butter... HTH!
    super soft coils
    For those of you who use butters Im slightly confused. Isnt a butter in the same category as oils?

Hey Costenya what leave in works for your hair?
    Ok so I washed today and didnt put any oil in my hair. I put some diluted scurl no drip in there and its so much softer. So with that in mind I dont think my hair likes the oils very much. So now its on to the world of non oil based hair care. ANyone got a good leave in recomendation?
  • GeniphaGenipha Registered Users Posts: 10
    I have to agree with the aloe vera gel and glycerin!!! Softness thru out the day!
    fotki.com/genipha
    4Beauuuutiful!
    Something wonderful is happening to my hair. I was in the shower thins morning conditioning and getting clean. I ran my fingers through the back of my hair and whoah hair that never curled before was curling. It took a lot out of me not to play in it. I was almost late for work from staring at my hair in the mirror. I guess eliminating that daily oil really is doing a lot for my hair. My hair also likes the V05 conditioner I am using much better than the suave. So now I just have to get me some aloe vera and glycerine and see what happens. But if things continue I will just be overjoyed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file