CurlTalk

Hey, Guys, I'll Be Leaving Now... :(

Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag, for those of you who are observant, lol. I've already gotten a pm or two about my recent edits, but I really didn't want to be all dramatic about the reason why I'm leaving so I haven't publicly said anything on the boards. Except I hit the wrong button tonight and made a post when I wasn't going to. I don't want to confuse anyone more than I have to, sooo...

There's someone in my personal life who I recently encountered again after a couple years of avoiding. She's a pretty toxic (sociopathic, actually) person so at the time I previously knew her, I cut her completely out of my life. When I ran into her again a couple weeks ago, she made it pretty clear in her rantings that she was cyber-stalking me - here on this site in particular. I have no idea how long this has been going on, or if she's even registered or is lurking.

I don't have any idea how she made the connection, either, though in retrospect I guess it wouldn't have been too hard. I've been relatively open about myself here, thinking it wasn't likely that a stranger could track me down from the things I've said. It didn't occur to me to think if someone who knew me IRL could pretty easily figure out who I was from my postings, if they somehow knew to look for them in the first place.

Anyway, as a result of this, I'm leaving CurlTalk. This person isn't violent, afaik, but she has been a deliberately very destructive person in my life and she has made it obvious her fixation on me hasn't lessened. That's unacceptable so, on the advice of several people I know as well as my own instincts, I'm eliminating this connection to me for her. As well as any evidence of and details about my life, my thoughts, or my feelings that I can that she could against me. I hope you understand why I'm doing this and can support me in it.

I'm really sorry about this and I'll deeply miss all of you. I've come to think of you all as my friends and that won't change. I hope you feel the same. Peace, and much love. 'Bye.

Comments

• * Willow ** Willow * Posts: 496Registered Users
    That's so sad! It doesn't seem fair :angry5:

I hope you will find a way to re-join us. Peace.
    If you focus on the negative not only is that what you'll see, that's what you'll be.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    You're doing the right thing. You have to protect yourself. Maybe you can come back as a new identity some day. Good luck to you.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    That really sucks. You'll be missed.

What a freak! :angry5:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    Good luck to you...be safe! We'll miss you.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Best of luck to you.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    Sorry to see you go and that's happening to you. Stay safe.
  • BrewCrewGrlBrewCrewGrl Posts: 442Registered Users
    I haven't been around too long but I always enjoyed your posts. I am sorry this is happening to you, but your safety must come first.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FBrewCrewGrl%2F" class="Popup

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz
  • M2LRTooM2LRToo Posts: 446Registered Users
    I am very sorry that you're going through this. ITA that hopefully some day you can come back as a different user name.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    wtf?
    yeah, just come back as someone else.
    I'm sorry you are dealing w/ someone like this.. sucks
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    I'm sorry to hear this, but I understand.

Good luck to you!
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    I hope you can re-join again some day, safely. We'll miss you. :(

Is there someone you trust here to maintain email with? Then you can send us messages to let us know you're ok as time goes by. :)

Best of luck.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users
    I'm sorry you have to go. :( Good luck with all this.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    I'm sorry you're leaving, and even more sorry that you're going through this. Good luck, and we'll miss you.
    Under construction.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Sucks, I'm sorry you have to go (though understandable) and have to put up with that. Though I'm not really familiar with your posts (and a lot of curlies) liking Koukla's posts has been a thought that's registered with me. Come back when you can... good luck!
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users
    Why do people have to be like that? :dontknow: Ugh - I'm so sorry. You will be missed, Koukla!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com" class="Popup
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • Oriental CurlOriental Curl Posts: 201Registered Users
    Yes, you will be missed. I haven't been here long, but your suggestions have been fantastic. Thank you, Koukla.
    Hair: LOTS of fine hair, mainly variations of 2 (FIA), now cut into a just-above-the-shoulder layered bob.

Products: MOP C-System Curl Enhancing shampoo
    Original Source conditioners for co-washing and conditioning
    MOP C-System Curl Defining Cream
    Boots clear gel and/or Joico Joiwhip
    Joico Curl Activator on the second day.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Take care of yourself.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I'm sorry to hear this. I hope your "stalker" gives up soon and gets out of your life.
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Koukla, I'll definitely miss reading your posts. I'm sorry to see you go. Good luck getting everything straightened out.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    :( Koukla, I'll miss reading your posts too. I'm sorry this is happening to you, and I hope everything works out for you. Please be safe. Hopefully, you will be able to re-join some day soon.

BTW, mean people suck.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I'm so sorry...some people just suck! Good luck with everything & hope you make it back someday!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    Wow, this BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really sorry to see you go too....SUX eggs! Take care Koukla this is really sad...
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    So sorry to hear this Koukla, and I hope everything works out for the best for you.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    I'll miss you chica!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,760Registered Users
    :evil::sad10:

I'm so sorry. You'll be missed. Hope you can come back as a different user.
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Wow. I'm so sorry.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    Sorry to see you go. Be safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I'm sorry to hear that you won't be around. I really enjoyed your posts. You spoke your mind and I really enjoyed to read what you had to say.

I hope that you can find a way to finally cut this person out of your life....

Best of luck!

Hope you can find a way back some day...
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    Sorry to hear that. It's so unfair. Feel free to PM us from time to time to let us know how you're doing.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    I am so sorry. I think you're doing the right thing. I hope that the stalking stops and that you can force this person to cut off all contact with you. You'll be missed!