Would micro-dermabrasion help KP?

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Would this help? My dermatologist mentioned I could get vibra-dermabrasion done to help with the keratosis pilaris. She said it is similar to micro, but uses vibration instead. So I was wondering if micro might help as well. Thoughts?
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• disneylovedisneylove Posts: 112Registered Users
    you could just buy one of the less expensive home kits and try it to find out.
    We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here and that is the English language ….and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people. —Theodore Roosevelt
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's kind of what I was thinking.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    I'm not sure about KP, but I know that my dermatologist mentioned that the home kits are almost just as effective as the procedures nowadays. I asked him about it for my rosacea, and he said it would always be worth a try.

I got the Olay kind and LOVE it. I have yet to see a visible difference, but it makes your skin so incredibly soft.

So, I know it doesn't really answer your question, but if you've gotten the okay that it's safe, you could always try the home kit if you want to test it out.
    2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I bought the Neutrogena version for body but haven't tried it yet. Maybe tonight....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file