Allergic Reaction??

inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hey, I was curious if any of your little one's were ever allergic to your body lotion. If yes, how did you figure it out?

I started using a different lotion yesterday and Addison has been spitting up like crazy and it seemed like her tummy hurt her all day yesterday. I used it again today and noticed her spitting up like crazy again.

Usually, I can point her stomach gas to something I've eaten but I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary the last two days. Only thing different is the lotion.

I don't apply the lotion to my breasts but it is on my arm where her head lays. I don't see a skin reaction. So is this possible or do you think she just picked up a stomach bug?

Thanks!

Comments

• rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    i know that what is absorbed through the skin can get into our systems and affect our health, but i've never heard of an allergic reaction to lotion in the form of vomiting.

i'm more inclined to think that it could be something that you have eaten that she may be newly developing sensitivity to. that or maybe she's on the cusp of a cold/bug.

have you tried not using the lotion to see if she still spits up?

ETA: could you have eaten something lately in a larger amount than normal? our daughter didn't seem to like it when i ate cabbage. she seemed gassy and fussy. so i stopped eating cabbage as a substantial side for my meals. but when i ate cabbage that was in chinese noodles, for example, she didn't have a problem because the cabbage was used sparingly in those dishes.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    It could be a number of things. Unless she ingested the lotion, I don't think it is the culprit.

Did she have any vaccinations in the days prior to her throwing up? DS had a reaction to his 6 month shots and threw up quite a bit. She could also have a stomach bug.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the response. It must not have been the lotion but a stomach bug. She has been really fussy....hopefully this tummy bug goes away soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file