Sweet Hair Pudding

SkibiesSkibies Posts: 156Registered Users
I want to do this, because #1 it is so darn expensive, #2 the shipping is even more expensive from the goingohm website and #3 the customer service/communication is horrible. So I want to do this with my twist: 4oz Aloe Vera Gel
1oz Honey,
1 oz Hemp Seed Oil
2 oz Avocado Oil
2 oz Castor Oil
2 oz Emulsifying Wax/Water
2 oz Vitamin E
What do you think?
3&4 Curls and Corkscrews
Poo:Marshmallow Shampoo Bar
Conditioner:Yes To Tomatoes & She Scent It Avocado Conditioner
Leave-in:QB Burdock Cream
Styling:QB Amla & Heavy Cream
Hair Mask:Bentonite Clay
:afro: *NO MORE HEAT STYLING MY HAIR, JUST LOVING MY HAIR*
My Blog: http://rizosbonitos.blogspot.com/

Comments

• namom3namom3 Posts: 40Registered Users
    That looks interesting. Let me know how it works. You can also try a dash of EV organic coconut oil. What does the wax do? Yes buying the good stuff is SOOO expensive- and hard to find at commercial stores so I am learning alot about what works good with my hair. I am loving lemons for clarifying!
    No: heating tools, sulfates, cones, parabens
    Co-wash: Suave naturals (coconut and ocean breeze) Acct baking soda to clarify as needed
    DC: olive or almond oil with EO rosemary
    Style: Homemade flaxseed gel with aloe vera juice, epsom salt, and EO rosemary and lavender. Exploring various conditioners to use with the tightly curly method
    Want to try: adding different EO's to HFSG, growing out hair
    Always ISO: natural remedies for 3b curls!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkibiesSkibies Posts: 156Registered Users
    Sweet Hair Pudding & Donna Marie has the Emulsifying Wax - I think it helps with forming curls and clumping. But I am re-thinking that ingredient, I think that the honey will give me what I want. I just came across this website www.shescentit.com and I might get their prodcuts because it started to get expensive when I started getting my ingredients. I know in the long run it is cheaper, but initially it is a lot of money. I don't care for straight shea butter and don't want it in my products but I had no problem with it in the puddings mentioned above. I want get these products from www.shescentit.com and add in the extras I want, it seems cheaper for me right now. The shipping has been expensive for me from some of the wholesale websites. Sorry! I won't be trying this anytime soon.
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree with you. It does get expensive to make your own products--and throw them out. While I'll mix a little in the kitchen, I always go back to the commercial products. They work a lot better then anything I've come up with so far.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vkb247vkb247 Posts: 266Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That seems like a nice recipe but I know I would have to use less oil and it wouldn't be moisturizing without some glycerin
    Ayurveda Addict:love5:
    I Henna, Cowashing, Poo bars, KCCC, Eco Styler, Oils & Oil Rinsing and Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier:blob3:
    Always Playing with Herbs or Making Products
    :occasion7:Texlaxed <-- Click 4 Pics
    It seems pretty easy when I look at the products and I can put what I want in them but I would have to get lots of products offline. So it's not only the products but also shipping. But thanks for the support.
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews
    O.K. so I am going to try the mixing after all! I was weighing the prices and the mixing is definately better. I should be receiving my product shortly and when I do I will let you know what happens. I will be receiving - avocado oil, a natural cream base, and castor oil. Hopeful this base will make it easy for my cream/pudding to come out pretty decent. I want to mix these three products, honey, vitamin e, and maybe some aloe vera gel if I want to thicken it some.
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights