CurlTalk

Drug store product for straigntening hair?

brown_eyedgal20brown_eyedgal20 Posts: 412Registered Users
Hi Ladies,
I got a haircut the other day, I decided to tell the hairdresser to blow it straight, she did an awesome job (I was a bit scared as no one can get it right---> straight or curly). I didn't want to spend the huge amount of cash on her products (no clue what they were other than a straightening gel and a shine serum) but I do want to buy some stuff as I can't just straighten my hair, it looks poofy even if well conditioned. I have some kind of blocker that I bought with my straightener (I think it was for the heat). I don't want to buy anything online as I need the stuff pretty quick...like now...;)

Do any of you have any drug store suggestions? WalMart or Walgreens or Sally's...I really appreciate it!

Oh, I am a 2C/3A (med coarse, thick)...mod-CG. I understand that the stuff I use will not be CG, I am ok with that. I need a good shampoo once a week anyway! Thanks!!!
2c/3aMiii

Loving JC and CK products...:) Been loving them for 3 years...looking to branch out and try new things!!!

Comments

• PJsMomPJsMom Posts: 173Registered Users
    You could get the John Frieda weather proofing (you can get at Wal-greens, wal-mart, target)
    You can also get Nexxus Memory Sleek at any of those stores as well, they work well for straightening and keeping the frizz down.
    3c/4a

BC - 25 July 2006
  • PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Posts: 258Registered Users
    You can buy serums and straightening gels/creams in any drugstore. I just buy whichever serum is at lowest price -- they all have the exact same ingredients, that is, silicone. (Do not buy a water-based one as that will give you frizz!) John Frieda's "Wind Down" is pretty good; I tried a Pantene one once that worked really well, too.
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
  • l.deonl.deon Posts: 235Registered Users
    I just straightened last night and had good luck with CHI Silk Infusion. I also like Biosilk and Redken Heat Glide. All can be found at drugstores.
    3B Mod CG
    Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
    Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
    Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top! :blob3: