Bohemian = Happy Hair

imlaimla Registered Users Posts: 163
I've been on the bohemian routine about a month and am blown away at how softer and shinier my hair has been. Even my stray grays are behaving and curling up with the rest of my hair. Can't get any simpler; cond. wash and a leave-in = happy hair. It definitely works!
Hair Type: 4a/b dense, fine, coily hair. Natural 13 years.

Staples: Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil S & C, aloe vera, almond oil mix, black soap shampoo and bentonite clay.

Comments

• jazzijenni81jazzijenni81 Registered Users Posts: 529
    awesome girl! aint it relief! :wink:
    loose 4a, silky meets cottony
    routine: co-wash, add leave in or plain water, shake & go
    staples: elucence poo & conditioners, V05 & suave naturals, jessicurl too shea, AO.
  • frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Registered Users Posts: 483
    Enlighten me to this bohemian routine, please :D
    4a pencil-sized corkscrews that are low porosity, fine, thick, & layered
  • susususu Registered Users Posts: 767 Curl Connoisseur
    Good for you! I may try this for a while. My hair's been so dull, dry & brittle lately.
  • imlaimla Registered Users Posts: 163
    Frizzybarbie, basically I use no styling products (gels, mousses, creams). I cond. wash and apply a leave-in. That's it.

Thanks Jazzi. I'm so glad you started this routine.

Staples: Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil S & C, aloe vera, almond oil mix, black soap shampoo and bentonite clay.
  • frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Registered Users Posts: 483
    What is LOTD gel?
    4a pencil-sized corkscrews that are low porosity, fine, thick, & layered
  • imlaimla Registered Users Posts: 163
    Lily of the Desert aloe vera gel. I've found it at the Vitamin Shoppe and GNC stores.

• CheleighCheleigh Registered Users Posts: 552
    ITA. I'm boho'ing again tomorrow morning. I really like it.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
  • runrunrunnerrunrunrunner Registered Users Posts: 196 Curl Neophyte
    yes, indeed!

i quite enjoy it.
  • DocDoc Registered Users Posts: 367
    okay, y'all got me curious :lol:
    My twists come out Sunday, and I may have to give this a try next week.
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!
  • meccadonmeccadon Registered Users Posts: 53
    I tried it this morning. I'm broker than the Ten Commandments right now and without a leave in, but I did "wash" my hair with Tangerine Tickle VO5 conditioner with the juice of a lemon mixed in to clarify and get the product out my head (my hair was crispy and scalp was a lil itchy). I followed with Tea Therapy (Tranquility) VO5 conditioner and used a wide tooth comb to comb some of the coils at the nape of my neck (which are really curly and may lock up if I go to long a period without combing them).

I then used a microfiber towel (-the turban one-for the first time) while I got dressed for work. In a little under 20 minutes, I removed the towel. Because I don't have spray leave in, I used a few small dollops of Anita Grant Mixed Butter Mosturizer *non-greasy, really light like a souffle', and absorbs quickly*.

Verdict:
    My hair is less crunchy, but it is much frizzier and I have curls and waves, but they are not as defined. My hair looks cottony. I usually wouldn't choose to wear my hair out like this, but I accept the challenge and kinda' like letting my hair do what it do! lol! I'm not too disappointed. I realize I have just started this and my hair may need to adjust for a while or I may have to get some leave in! Plus, weeks of wetting my hair with no conditioner or leave-in may have made my hair a lil' moisture starved and I may need a few days to build that back. My scalp doesn't feel itchy anymore :)
  • GeniphaGenipha Registered Users Posts: 10
    After years of product junkism, I am now in recovery and am finding this to be thr ultimate trust!

Now I am spitzin with water, rosemary and glycerin and rubbing in some FOTE gel and a little coconut oil and I out! My hair is still soft at the end of the day. I can even skip a day! (I sound like a deodorant commercial!)

Less is definately More!
    fotki.com/genipha
    4Beauuuutiful!
  • GeniphaGenipha Registered Users Posts: 10
    After years of product junkism, I am now in recovery and am finding this to be the ultimate truth!

Now I am spitzin with water, rosemary and glycerin and rubbing in some FOTE gel and a little coconut oil and I am out! My hair is still soft at the end of the day. I can even skip a day! (I sound like a deodorant commercial!)

Less is definately More!
    fotki.com/genipha
    4Beauuuutiful!
  • growingitlonggrowingitlong Registered Users Posts: 122
    wow, ladies I am SO trying this. I read,briefly, about the bohemian on nappturality(couldn't get the page to load up fast for some reason :? ) but I am going to try this.
  • ILuvCurlzILuvCurlz Registered Users Posts: 169
    What a lovely routine and the perfect name for it! I am going to try this too! I used to do this a while back (about a year) but got addicted to trying different curl products. I'm going for it tomorrow.
    "Eventually I knew what my hair wanted. It wanted to be itself. To be left alone by anyone, including me, who did not love it as it was."
    ~Alice Walker
    *PM for password*
    its AWESOME to see that you ladies are experiencing the same results from this routine! it happened on a whim. i was addicted to hair gel and decided to test my hair without it...right in the midst of starting CG. best move ever! this is the perfect support system to CG. aside from my recent castile soap flubber, my hair is beyond healthy. i owe it all to my bohemian routine! 8)

*if you have a twa, your hair will REALLY be bangin!
    staples: elucence poo & conditioners, V05 & suave naturals, jessicurl too shea, AO.
    its AWESOME to see that you ladies are experiencing the same results from this routine! it happened on a whim. i was addicted to hair gel and decided to test my hair without it...right in the midst of starting CG. best move ever! this is the perfect support system to CG. aside from my recent castile soap flubber, my hair is beyond healthy. i owe it all to my bohemian routine! 8)

*if you have a twa, your hair will REALLY be bangin!

this is really good to hear jazzijenni81....my twa has me in the slumps right now
  • nubiankeynubiankey Registered Users Posts: 1
    wow, I've been doing this since I did the BC last summer! I didn't know there was a name to it. I just liked the fact that I could do a leave in conditioner, comb with a wide tooth and go! :lol::lol:
    ^ i surely dont have a patent on the technique, but i do have a patent on the name! LOL bohemian routine is my phrase! LMAO! its not the name for it though....i guess that would be low product...but bohemian is so much funkier! 8)

:( at the twa slump growingitlong! im sure everything will work out beautifully sis!
    ^ i surely dont have a patent on the technique, but i do have a patent on the name! LOL bohemian routine is my phrase! LMAO! its not the name for it though....i guess that would be low product...but bohemian is so much funkier! 8)

:( at the twa slump growingitlong! im sure everything will work out beautifully sis!

thanks sweetie! sending the pics tonight!

jazzijenni....do you mind giving me recs for an all natural detangler that I can use for my hair after cw? Currently, my hair is getting tangled so much that when I pick it.....it's coming out at the roots and that hurts SO bad.
    hey growingitlong,

why not dentangle during the cw then rinse? if you do this, you wont have to detangle a second time. i use my finges to distribute the no poo instead of a comb. if you try it this way, you may not need a detangling spray.

have you tried soft and precious? its really nice. if you like to wear your fro picked out, you could always smooth leave in and oil over your hair, then pick. check out my album for a spritz recipe. hth :)
  • TvTv Registered Users Posts: 30
    Here is a site that sells a natural detangler. I'm not sure if they carry it in a smaller size but you can look into it and see.

http://www.growafrohairlong.com/afrodetanglerhalfgallon.html
    I've looked everywhere for my HG
    hey growingitlong,

why not dentangle during the cw then rinse? if you do this, you wont have to detangle a second time. i use my finges to distribute the no poo instead of a comb. if you try it this way, you may not need a detangling spray.

have you tried soft and precious? its really nice. if you like to wear your fro picked out, you could always smooth leave in and oil over your hair, then pick. check out my album for a spritz recipe. hth :)

jazzijenni thanks SO much! I will try this the next time I cw

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file