CurlTalk

Favorite Time Wasters?

MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
What are your favorite things to do online that are just completely and utterly wasting time?

One of my favorites is Boomshine.

I also like Reflections.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.

Comments

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    LoloDSM wrote: »

Haha, I thought the same thing.
    I mostly read a few food blogs and check out youtube. I've found episodes of all my favorite cartoons, like Pinky and the Brain, WordGirl, and Gargoyles, to name a few. I found Invasion America on youtube, which I loved when they showed it ten years ago. It really took me back seeing it again.

Aside from that, I enjoy checking out the forums at televisionwithoutpity.com.
    I used to love literati on yahoo, but these days it's just about impossible to get through a game without getting booted or something else going wrong.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    What are your favorite things to do online that are just completely and utterly wasting time?

One of my favorites is Boomshine.

:wav:

Cool, Thanks! I came up on this one day. Killed a good 45 minutes on it but barely glanced at the name. For the life of me I couldn't remember the name of it when I went looking for it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Bubble Buster!
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • vegas_curlsvegas_curls Posts: 857Registered Users
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Loved this one : 3D Logic 2

Fantastic Contraption - This one is really neat, you have to engineer contraptions to complete missions.

Someone's (really advanced) approach on one of the courses. Usually the contraptions don't look like something that already exists but he made a horse.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    See my "Who wants one?" post/thread to find out what my fav time-waster is. :lol:
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    Sporcle

...I'm sorry but I'm not responsible for getting anyone addicted
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    I play The Waitress on eBaum's World or Word Whomp and Bookworm on Pogo.

I also love Mahjong Solitaire, but I usually have to look for a site that has a free trial. :sad:
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    The StumbleUpon application for Firefox is the. worst. Once you hit the stumble button, expect to be preoccupied for at least an hour. Plus, it makes you find random websites with awful, lethal recipes such as these chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes.

Also, the Pioneer Woman blog/website is pretty fun to get lost in, too. Cute kids, awesome photos, great recipes...
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • Yes, Still PaulaYes, Still Paula Posts: 485Registered Users
    Solitaire.
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users
    cympreni wrote: »

Thanks to this thread...:tongue:
  • anonnymouseanonnymouse Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    Lately it's been Bloons.
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • vegas_curlsvegas_curls Posts: 857Registered Users
    Watching "The Bold & the Beautiful" (or reading updates) online.

The storylines are idiotic and some of the actors are bad... yet I keep clicking over to cbs's website to waste a 1/2 hour of my life (or more, depending on how many episodes I can stomach watching at one time). It's just like a bad wreck, I know I shouldn't look, but sometimes I can't help myself... :dontknow:
  • Lil'curlsLil'curls Posts: 275Registered Users
    Youtube for me, I've watched over 1000 videos on there over the past two years.
    Teenage curly with 3a-3b course curls
    Shampoo: DCLP
    Rinse Out: GVP conditioning balm in winter. Devacurl One Condition in Summer
    Co Wash: Suave
    Styler: LA Looks Curl Gel
    Leave in: Devacurl One Condition

event.png

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    fictionpress.com. Many stories are just as good as published novels, but something about being online makes it feel time-wastey.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    That's really interesting. As a complete west coaster my perception of areas in/around NYC are all based on the urban jungle scenes, but there's a lot charm, openness and character in those places featured. Never see that side.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • anonnymouseanonnymouse Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    Oh, and also Ninja Ropes.
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    makeupalley.com; longhaircommunity.com; naturallycurly.com.
    I'm ready to look at other things besides makeup, skincare, and haircare...so thanks for the ideas and thanks for this thread! You guys rock!
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
    I used to be involved in religious/atheist websites, like christianforums.com; iidb.com (or .org?). It's an infidel website. Christianforums now doesn't allow for non-believers to debate, so I don't go on it much. I didn't really go on it much before, but now even less so.

I got tired of the religious (or lack thereof) talk, I still like talking about hair, but want to expand my horizons.

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    NC.com, reading, stockpiled ABC soaps
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    My father emailed me a link to a website about education. It has a Middle-Eastern map of Northern Africa, parts of Europe/Asia as a quiz to learn your geography. I found it interesting.

3a/3b