CurlTalk

Did you do drugs back in the day?

lacunaCoilslacunaCoils Posts: 489Registered Users
How is your memory? Mine sucks. And it really bothers me because I would like to remember everything. I think it's because of all the drugs I did when I was younger. In my pre-drug phase, I think I had a pretty good memory (but I can't really remember for sure ;) Anyway, it's been over 10 years since I've done any drugs so I'm wondering if I will ever get those brain cells back? It's not like I'm totally stupid now- I am a computer programmer after all, but I just get memory lapses that really suck and make me look stupid sometimes. I'm doing everything I can now to regenerate my brain- getting my omega-3s and taking other vitamins, but I wonder if it will even help? Aaah! Why couldn't I just resist those shrooms & lsd as a kid? Back then, I didn't care if I lived or died or fell off the face of the earth. Now I do care. So anyway, that's my story. /end of confession :happy7:
2b/2c Henndigo curls
Currently using: Deva low-poo and OC, KCKT/KCCC, JCCC, & BRHG. + Curlease towel :)
Also have had success with: CK, FSG, KBB, AOHR, Nature's Gate Conditioner.

pw: curlygirl

peacelove.jpg
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I never did drugs- only weed. And my memory is better than most of my friends who have never done anything. Not saying the weed helped my memory or anything- just sayin'.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Nope...
    shellibean wrote: »
    I never did drugs- only weed. And my memory is better than most of my friends who have never done anything. Not saying the weed helped my memory or anything- just sayin'.

Weed isn't a drug?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users
    I've never done any drugs, I have drank alcohol, but no drugs of any shape. In my limited experience when I've been on hydrocodone or pseudoephedrine or whatever when it's been prescribed to me, I didn't like how it made me feel. I like being in touch with reality and have never felt the need or desire to be on anything. Yesterday when I accidentally took too much of the wrong cough medicine I felt like crap for a long time, I don't know why people would want to feel that way on purpose. It's icky!
  • riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users
    I hit "still do" because despite my not agreeing with it, weed counts. And so should alcohol, which I also "do".

I did my fair share of drugs in high school and college. I think my memory is fine for my age. Its not as sharp as it was as a child, but I have a lot more to remember.

As for being a space case, I was like that long before any drugs.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    nope but thought about it. ive done weed but that doesnt count unless you're counting alcohol too (at least a couple times a week for me :D)..i know im probably losing brain cells that way..

eta: i have done hashish..i put it in the same category as weed though..or not?
    Josephine wrote: »
    nope but thought about it. ive done weed but that doesnt count unless you're counting alcohol too (at least a couple times a week for me :D)..i know im probably losing brain cells that way..
    Exactamundo! Also ciggarettes and smokeless tobacco. And caffeine for that matter.. The only difference is that alchohol prohibition was lifted for some weird reason and marijuana wasn't...

• lacunaCoilslacunaCoils Posts: 489Registered Users
    I think you could count any drug that you didn't use for medical reasons or a drug used to feel good regardless of the negative effects you get afterwards. So in actuality, I'm sure nearly everyone has done this by drinking at the very least. The legality of things really doesn't make sense to have some be illegal and some not...
    2b/2c Henndigo curls
    Currently using: Deva low-poo and OC, KCKT/KCCC, JCCC, & BRHG. + Curlease towel :)

peacelove.jpg
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Yes, I did some recreational drugs when I was younger, and yes, I still do some recreational drugs from time to time. But, aside from alcohol and nicotine, I only do drugs occasionally. A few times a year, tops.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
    I think you could count any drug that you didn't use for medical reasons or a drug used to feel good regardless of the negative effects you get afterwards. So in actuality, I'm sure nearly everyone has done this by drinking at the very least. The legality of things really doesn't make sense to have some be illegal and some not...

I can understand really dangerous ones to be illegal, but I think alchohol can be dangerous and weed isn't. I think they messed up on that one.

• hayseedladyhayseedlady Posts: 646Registered Users
    I was in to many activities and in law enforcement in the military, so while I drank like a fish I didn't touch anything else.

Now as a grown up, pass the pipe please. I pass on alcohol because of the side effects with my prescription drugs. Weed really has been great at helping keep everything down and I was able to walk with less pain.
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    Wow - I never thought I'd be in the majority, or that the majority would be "No, never done them." Huh. Whatdya know about that...
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    No, never done em. And Im in the process of cutting out alcohol.
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    I clicked No, never, however, as someone pointed out, alcohol's a drug, too, so maybe I shouldn't have . . . .
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • MoppyTMoppyT Posts: 998Registered Users
    I did my share of weed and mushrooms back in the day, but nothing any harder than that. It was a lot of fun, and I don't regret it one bit.

Now I just drink the boozeahol. But I'd like to cut down a bit. The ol' metabolism just isn't what it used to be, and too much alcohol makes a chubby Moppy.
    The best revenge is living well. The second best revenge is fire ants.
  • lacunaCoilslacunaCoils Posts: 489Registered Users
    shellibean wrote: »

I can understand really dangerous ones to be illegal, but I think alchohol can be dangerous and weed isn't. I think they messed up on that one.

I agree. I know people who have died from drinking too much, but never from smoking too much weed. It may equal the lung cancer risk of cigarettes though. But at least with weed, you can say you felt good doing it...with cigarettes, there is no high so what's the point? I know how addicting it is, but I quit many years ago. I did fib a little when I said it's been 10 years since I've done any drugs. I do have a toke now and then when I'm drinking or just because it's passed to me. It's kinda hard to avoid at family doings since my entire family smokes pot (besides my grandma, but she has threatened that she might as well get a pipe and a bag since she knows every one does it, but they still hide it from her :lol:) But anyway, I don't think I will do it anymore because I treasure the brain cells I still have. I wish I could find some studies on the long-term effects of drugs years after quitting- but I haven't found any.
    2b/2c Henndigo curls

peacelove.jpg
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,249Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yep, did most everything, loved a lot of it, no regrets.
    I never had a good memory so I can't blame drugs or alcohol.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • RichardHeadRichardHead Banned Posts: 629Banned Users
    Weed and shrooms. My short term memory sucks. I went to get my taxes filed today and had to ask what the date was 3 different times when signing all the papers.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I did my fair share of stuff. And while I did it, I enjoyed it.

Memory is still as good as always. Then again, maybe it has slipped a bit. Either way, I'm glad I have a good memory and glad it isn't any better, or else I'd never let things go!!! :goofy: hehehhe
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users
    I did a little weed. It did nothing for me, so the burning lungs wasn't worth it. I don't regret it, it's a non-event for me.
    As for memory losses, I haven't been able to tell, at drop of a hat, my right from my left, after the very first beer I ever had. Seriously. I have to think about it, and it's been over 20 years. The rest of my memory is just fine except for those perimenopause/middle-aged brain blips.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I did a little weed (the weak stuff back in the 70's), and tried speed (meth?) a couple times (didn't notice anything spectactular), and drank quite a bit. I still drink quite a bit socially. I took a couple hits of weed about a year ago and I was HALLUCINATING for hours. Never again. It's too strong now.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I refuse to answer on the grounds that my kids might someday read this thread:tongue:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did & still do weed, but only occassionally now. I agree it is way stronger today & kills my lungs.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    Nope, I was a goody two shoes growing up. I was the one you always said you were with because your parents knew that I was the responsible one in the group :angel7: .
    33abhqq.gif
  • KindredsTwin1983KindredsTwin1983 Posts: 347Registered Users
    I never did drugs but I have heard some crazy tales. I love hearing funny stories about drugs.

The weirdest was a friend of mine who took acid, and claimed he was rolling down a hill wrestling Papa Smurf...:shock:
    Hair Type - 3c, with a touch of 4a and a touch of 3b

Favorite Detangler - Any conditioner with high amount of behentrimonium mehtosulfate

Favorite Leave-in Conditioners - Suave Coconut, Giovanni Smooth and Silk and Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Pantene Relaxed and Natural

Favorite Hair Moisturizers - Silk Elements Hairdress
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Yup, no regrets. Last toke was 1987. I only take prescription drugs now and nothing for high or low. Glass of wine or a cocktail will do fine.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • AdrinaAdrina Banned Posts: 107Banned Users
    One of the many reasons I've never tried drugs, and never plan to:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fap%2F20090217%2Fap_on_re_la_am_ca%2Flt_mexico_living_in_a_drug_corridor" class="Popup

It's not just about you the consumer, or even the dealer and the consumer. It works in a cycle. If you've ever lived in or around a crime neighborhood, you'll know that it's so easy for innocent people to get caught in the crossfire. Druggies steal from people for drug money, children get caught in police/dealer scuffles, etc. Yes this even includes "harmless weed." I have absolutely no respect for illegal drug users, as someone who had her home wiped out by druggies. If people have it so bad that they need drugs and alcohol to get through their lives, maybe they should explore healthier ways of dealing with their problems.

Especially when you break the law, remember what goes around comes around. I guess some people feel they're far enough removed from it to not reep the consequences of the drug trade. Must be nice but things are a changing quickly so don't always expect to be insulated.
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I clicked never too, but I do drink alcohol occassionally.

I've never had the remotest interest in doing drugs and I m glad - see far too many people in my line of work who have drug-induced psychoses and I can't tell you what a pain the people who come in (the clinic I work) for drug detox are. The alcoholics are bad enough, but the druggies are just a pita.
    3b in South Australia.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    Never did it! Was a teen in the 70s, living in the inner city but never did drugs. I was curious but there was no real desire to end up like the folks I saw on the corners.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Myradella3 wrote: »
    Never did it! Was a teen in the 70s, living in the inner city but never did drugs. I was curious but there was no real desire to end up like the folks I saw on the corners.

Me, too - I never did them either because any curiosity I had was wiped away by a) fear of my parents b) not wanting to be like the addicts on the street and c) not wanting to be like the kids my age who used drugs who mostly seemed like losers to me.

I had a secret desire to try ganja for a long time but I was afraid of becoming a street person because of it:happy7:
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    I've done a lot. Since having kids I've only use things like butts, alcohol, and maryjane.

Life is an experience and I'm appreciative for all the things I've lived. Good and bad. Because I've lived it.

Ya, my memory is a little lacking, but who's to say it's because of past drug use or because I've gotten older, more things retained in my head, I'm busier, and I have 4 people to take care of rather than just myself?

My husband had a bit of a hard drug problem that went on for years. I expect someone like that to have a little brain connection problem. But then again, that's life.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.