Question about protein sensitivity and Vo5 Kiwi&Lime clarifiying condish

stormstorm Registered Users Posts: 204 Curl Neophyte
Soo i couldnt find the Vo5 Vanilla Mint and i just got the Vo5 Kiwi & Lime for co-washing..i use Tigi MM as a rinse-out(Silk amino acids)
. And didnt realize till i got home that the Kiwi and Lime had "Hydrolyzed Collagen" ..Thats a protein right.I used it just for a co-wash on the scalp and my fair felt really straw like right in the shower..though quite clean too.

.Ive tried a few things since i went CG and Suave naturals Coconut(silk amino acids) doesnt dry me out. Neither did the V05 Strawberries and Cream (Soy protein)for co-washing. ..

A few other protein heavy things did dry my hair out though(thought they had 'Cones too)

So Q1: Is it possible that im only sensitive to certain types of protein such as "Hydrolyzed ones" while i do fine with the Silk amino acids... Or do all types just add up to the same and this is just in my head?'

Q2: Have any of you who are protein sensitive had the straw like hair as a result of using the Vo5 as a co-wash?..and i mean just as a CO on the scalp..not the entire length as rinse out.

Comments

• mrl234mrl234 Registered Users Posts: 548
    I use the V05 conditioners for cowashes; I've tried a few scents now. The only one I've had a problem with is the Extra Body one, and that absolutely RAVAGED my hair with all the protein and it took two weeks for my hair to look normal again :( It has a lot of collagen in it. This is why I've never tried the Kiwi-lime - it has hydrolyzed collagen and I'm afraid I'd ahve the same effect. I don't know about the amino acids, but I know my hair can handle small doses of Keratin and that's about it. I've had good luck with the Vanilla Mint Tea, Grapefruit Mandarin Splash, and Free-Me Freesia (which has some keratin, but doesn't bother me).

Hope that helped!
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    I like Kiwi LIme VO5 and I never have p roblems with it, and I'mprotein sensitive. Yes, you can be sensitive to different types of protein. It's a trial and error thing to find out what works. Sorry it didn't work for you.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • stormstorm Registered Users Posts: 204 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the info girls.. Ill just dump the kiwi and lime in the trash and switch to the V05 Raspberry or S&C.
  • crazywavescrazywaves Registered Users Posts: 582
    Another option would be the new scent in the tea therapy line blackberry sage tea. Its the best one in the VO5 line I have tried yet. No protein listed on my bottle.
  • stormstorm Registered Users Posts: 204 Curl Neophyte
    crazywaves wrote: »
    Another option would be the new scent in the tea therapy line blackberry sage tea. Its the best one in the VO5 line I have tried yet. No protein listed on my bottle.

For Co-washing or rinse out?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file