So many thoughts help my hair!!!!!

So i read a article that says how bad some of the chemcials in shampoo are for your hair and have been searching for a sulfate free shampoo with no luck...I want to grow my hair out to to my chest and dont want to damage what i have anymore..i stop coloring it and i am getting regular trims every 3 months and ive been washing my hair with conditioner and no shampoo can i get away with going with out shampoo as long as i rub my scalp really good when appling conditioner?

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    So i read a article that says how bad some of the chemcials in shampoo are for your hair and have been searching for a sulfate free shampoo with no luck...I want to grow my hair out to to my chest and dont want to damage what i have anymore..i stop coloring it and i am getting regular trims every 3 months and ive been washing my hair with conditioner and no shampoo can i get away with going with out shampoo as long as i rub my scalp really good when appling conditioner?

Many of us on this forum follow a method of hair care that involves eliminating sulfates and silicones (you absolutely should not remove sulfates from your routine without also eliminating silicones). It's called the Curly Girl method based on a book of the same name by Lorraine Massey.

Read about this method here:
    http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/2008/12/style-definitions-table.html

That will answer your questions :)
  • JournalistJournalist Registered Users Posts: 366
    Yes, it IS possible- even as a teenager with oilier roots, I love it, and have been going strong almost 10 months. :)
    3a/b
    Protein sensitive
    med/low porosity/med texture
    Baking Soda/Vinegar rinses
    Suave Ocean Breeze
    HE TT Gel
    CG since April 12th '08! (No shampoo whatsoever!)
    Fotki
    I have more pictures up! :)
    Seattle for the Summer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file