Big pimple-like bumps from allergies

badgercurlsbadgercurls Registered Users Posts: 3,077
I don't break out very often (other than a pimple or two around my period), but every once in a while I will use a product I'm allergic to and suddenly I break out with big, painful, and sometimes itchy pimple-like bumps. Sometimes they seem to have a "head" and sometimes they don't. They don't seem to respond to salicylic acid (and I can't use BP). Right now I have a bunch of these big red things - three on my back/neck, five on my face, and one on my hand (?!). I'm pretty sure it's from a hair product I just started using, so I am going to stop using it, of course. Besides that, does anyone else have suggestions for getting these buggers to go away faster?

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    Hm, have you tried taking Benadryl? Or anything else for allergies? I'm having a lot of weird allergy symptoms too, and this has helped.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Registered Users Posts: 3,077
    Hm, have you tried taking Benadryl? Or anything else for allergies? I'm having a lot of weird allergy symptoms too, and this has helped.

Thanks! Sorry to hear you're having weird allergy syndromes, too! I took Benadryl last night and it helped with the itching and I woke up with no new spots. In my experience, though, it doesn't seem to help much with the pimple-like spots that are already there. I just remembered that I may have topical Benadryl cream somewhere in my medicine cabinet - I wonder if that would help?
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    In addition to the Benadryl, cortisone creme applied topically usually helps.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Registered Users Posts: 3,077
    Thanks, everyone! Benadryl cream helped and they're almost gone now! Yay!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file