ADVICE FOR 4A 2 ACHIEVE EVA PIGFORD HAIR

Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Registered Users Posts: 409
Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend has 4A hair texture that she has worn in braids, weaves, and maintained with relaxers/perms. She wants to wear her own hair, but in the Eva Pigford hair style from America's Next Top Model. Can you give me any ideas on how she can achieve this? I realize a texturizer will be involved. Do any one you have any suggestions on which ones to use? And what are the pros and cons of this chemical process? I've linked a picture of what i'm talking about :

www.imdb.com/name/nm1813440/photogallery
Short 4A Hair.

Comments

• j_chic1j_chic1 Registered Users Posts: 35
    depending upon how small her curls are... a texturizer may not be enough. she may also need to rollerset.
    ~*ex-longtime lurker*~
  • SuperSoftCoilsSuperSoftCoils Registered Users Posts: 36
    Eva pigford's hair looks like it's mostly 3a, with a little 3b, that she sometimes brushes or wears straight to change her look, but if you have very tight ringlets or coils, I would say try a roller set with rods the size of the curls you think hers are before doing something like relaxing your hair with a texturizer.
    super soft coils
  • Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Registered Users Posts: 409
    Her hair isn't long enough for a roller set. We tried that and it didn't come out well :oops: :lol:
    Short 4A Hair.
  • jeamariajeamaria Registered Users Posts: 1,851
    have you tried bantu knotting it with a pomade/gel?
  • Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Registered Users Posts: 409
    No, she hasn't. I'll check that out, but I know she wants something with permenant results that she doesn't have to put alot of effort into.
    Short 4A Hair.
  • jeamariajeamaria Registered Users Posts: 1,851
    jeamaria wrote:
    have you tried bantu knotting it with a pomade/gel?
    GabbyC wrote:
    No, she hasn't. I'll check that out, but I know she wants something with permenant results that she doesn't have to put alot of effort into.

Well this method is not that arduous, but it's definitely not permanent; it washes out like any other set. The only way for someone with the curls you describe to permanently achieve curls that loose would be a double process; chemically straightened and then curly permed. I doubt a texturizer could loosen her curls enough without straightening it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file