Lot of questions - desiring feedback.

PrettycurlsPrettycurls Posts: 1,482Registered Users
I have decided to make some of my own products and I am doing research on different ingredients, but would love some feedback.

Right now the only premade products I am using is curls after that is gone I am going to switch back to Ouidad bc it is lighter.

I want to use the Ouidad DT and maybe mix it with egg or protein to make in more intense

What is your opinion on:

1. Silk Amino Acids: Hydrolyzed Silk PeptidesDescription: Silk Amino Acid contains alanine, glycine and serine, which are sighted as the protein stimulants in our skin and hair. They have a high dispersion rate, allowing this fine powder to easily dissipate in liquids or into other powders. It is especially good for use in hair care products, as it protects hair from moisture loss and conditions it to provide a silky smoothness.

2. Silk Peptide: Hydrolyzed Silk Description: Silk Peptide are a highly purified grade of natural silk power, processed in such a way as to retain the original physical structure and chemical composition of silk. This is a 100% natural silk protein, in a fine powder form for ease of use. It also has the unusual quality of holding and releasing moisture depending on the temperature and humidity of the surroundings. This product is easy to use, as it bonds well with essential oils, fragrant oils, colours and base materials used in skin and hair care. It is also stable over a wide range of pH levels again confirming the suitability of Silk Peptide for personal treatment products.

3. Silk Powder: Silk Powder is produced from high quality silk using sophisticated technology in order to retain it's chemical properties, and is made up of 100% fibroin, which contains 18 kinds of amino acids and trace elements essential to the human body. Silk Powder serves as an ideal protein enricher for high quality cosmetics. It is in the form of a yellow powder of 200 mesh diameter that can be applied to a wide range of cosmetics. Users can expect it to help maintain moisture levels in the skin, prevent dryness, the crystalline structure reflects UV radiation, has anti-bacterial properties, and in hair care products will improve luminance and elastic behavior. Please note silk powder does not dissolve in water or ethanol.

Which is the best to add from the three?

I also want to make a moisturizing DT, but I want to stay away from ingredients that have protein in them, but this seems impossible. All of Ouidad's products have protein. I want something that will penetrate the hair versus coat - that is why I am kind of oil averse.

The ingredients I have decided that are purely moisturizing are:

aloe vera juice, sea kelp, and honey. {I know honey has some protein, but I like using it.}

The ingredients I was considering, but am unsure about are:

Coconut milk - but it has protein.

Coconut cream- the same.

Avocado fruit or avocado oil- don't know which is better bc avocados can be expensive and the oil supposedly has proteins.

Apricot kernal oil - heard it does good things for the skin moisture - so I wondered about hair.

Argan oil- I am becoming obsessed with finding out about this oil. Don't know if it is moisturizing and wondering if it can be used as a substitute for castor oil? If the shine and healing hype is real about this then I want to try it.

Olive oil - some say avocado is better and that you have to have a certain type, but I am wondering if this has protein in it too.

Any input welcome
Have:
4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file