Don't know what to do!!!! :(

zanraf zanraf Posts: 4Registered Users
Back in September, my "ex-hair dresser" !!! Used Matrix Opti-Smooth cold treatment in my hair. According to her, it was just going to "losen" my curls and take the freeze away!! Well, my hair ended up being really straight on top and curly on the bottom, it did not look good. So to cut the long story short I have cut all of my hair off, the top part of my hair has long layers and the bottom is right below my ear, all the same length. I can see that my hair is starting to grow back curly at the roots, but the bottom is still wavy and straight, then some strands are curly and some are not, my hair looks odd. I don't want to blow dry my hair all the time, becasue I don't have the time, and I also don't want to damage it any further, I have tried so many different products, from mouse to gel to olive oil, to coconut oil, you name it, I'v bought it. Any suggestions as to how I can style my hair until my curls grow back out? I really don't want to cut my hair any shorter.

Please help.

Comments

• SugarNutsSugarNuts Posts: 250Registered Users
    zanraf wrote: »
    Back in September, my "ex-hair dresser" !!! Used Matrix Opti-Smooth cold treatment in my hair. According to her, it was just going to "loosen" my curls and take the freeze away!! Well, my hair ended up being really straight on top and curly on the bottom, it did not look good. So to cut the long story short I have cut all of my hair off, the top part of my hair has long layers and the bottom is right below my ear, all the same length. I can see that my hair is starting to grow back curly at the roots, but the bottom is still wavy and straight, then some strands are curly and some are not, my hair looks odd. I don't want to blow dry my hair all the time, because I don't have the time, and I also don't want to damage it any further, I have tried so many different products, from mouse to gel to olive oil, to coconut oil, you name it, I've bought it. Any suggestions as to how I can style my hair until my curls grow back out? I really don't want to cut my hair any shorter.

Please help.
    According to quite a few women on here, they either did twist outs with perm rods or flexi-rods, in order curl the more straighter hair.
    Hair Type: 4a/4b Combo
    Last Relaxer: May/June 2008
    Big Chop: N/A
    http://members.fotki.com/SugarNuts (1/31)
    Detangle/Co-Wash: VO5 Freesia or Green Tea
    Shampoo: White Vinegar

Deep Con. Treat.: Aussie 3-min. & Olive Oil
    Final Wash: Nexxus Humectress
    Moist. Spritz: Glycerin, Water, Proclaim 7-Olive Oil, Suave Extreme Leave-In

age.png
  • naturalnurse04naturalnurse04 Posts: 162Registered Users
    My hair was cut in a graduated bob with longer layers on the sides, so the back was shorter than the rest. I survived with braid outs. I would section my hair and braid it into about 16 braids and I would roll the end of the braids on satin covered sponge rollers. I would do this while my hair was damp and leave the rollers in for hours, possibly overnight. This style would normally last me for about 3-4 days. HTH
    "Don't remove the kinks from your hair, Remove them from your brain." -Marcus Garvey
    3c-4a, needs MOISTURE
    Last Relaxer: Sept. 6, 2008

79b9e9c5ce.png
  • kaariidesukaariidesu Posts: 68Registered Users
    zanraf wrote: »
    Back in September, my "ex-hair dresser" !!! Used Matrix Opti-Smooth cold treatment in my hair. According to her, it was just going to "losen" my curls and take the freeze away!! Well, my hair ended up being really straight on top and curly on the bottom, it did not look good....

I just have to say that every time I hear one of these stories it infuriates me! It's so crazy to me that someone, who is supposed to be knowledgeable about hair care and the products they use in your hair would see/understand that you are natural and/or want your hair a particular way and still proceed to use products that will permanently change your hair in a way that most likely won't make you happy. Same with cutting... if I ask for 1" off the bottom that doesn't mean 5" or 7" or 10". They always say shady things like, "this will just loosen/de-bulk/lighten...". I've read too many stories on this site about hairdressers 'sneaking' in mild relaxers into conditioners and whatnot, its all so insane.

Not that hair is so serious but these "hair dressers" need respect for the people that walk into their salons and not to anything without permission or at least without warning someone of the potential permanent change/damage/anything else that may make a customer unhappy. Transitioning takes forever for some people and having to chop off your hair again because of something someone who was supposed to care for your hair did is ridiculous. If you wanted to loosen or do something like a texturizer, fine, but I'm just annoyed that she didn't warn you of what that particular product might/will do. Obviously not what she said.

:angry4::angry4::angry4:

Ok ok ok no more ranting. Haha, wow, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry that happened to you! Anywho, I agree with the twist-outs. Also, I think styles with perm rods are really cute. I don't know if you like styles with flat twists or cornrows in the front and then maybe the twist-out or curls in the back... if that makes sense.

Good luck!
  • danniebelladanniebella Posts: 26Registered Users
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience, zanraf. We put so much trust in these hair dressers and they repay us with crappy decisions and horrible results.

Have you thought about plaiting it up for a while? Low manipulation is a plus when you want your hair to grow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file