devachan results-2nd day pics & update-1 quick cg Q

2»

Comments

• woocurlzwoocurlz Posts: 51Registered Users
    KimberKurl wrote:
    woocurlz - I love your avatar :D
    Aww, thanks - it's my favorite pic of my niece, except you can't see her curls, which are fabulous. Of course, she's 8, and hates how tangled her hair gets - but she will love it when she gets older!
    results above!
    LOVE it! The new cut looks FABulous. I was expecting it to be a whole lot shorter. I'm sure it seems like it's really short to you, but from an outside perspective, it still looks long. It looks really healthy and full, too!
    3a , Botticelli - O Fine Silky per LOIS
    Using: DevaCare NoPoo & OneC, AnGell, SIF; CK; re:coil; BSRHG; lavender/glycerin mist

password: curls
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Hey!

Your Devachan cut turned out great! To be honest it really doesn't look that much shorter to me. Very close but in better condition :) :) You should be very happy with it! Good luck w/ cg :)
    Kim
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    thank you thank you thank you everybody for the amazing & sweet compliments =) you all are awesome!!!!

i think i am the only one realizing my legnth since a few of my friends in school didn't even notice and i thought they were going to be shocked. one of my friends said wow your hair looks so defined & nice today :D so at least something was noticed (they all have straight hair lol) also i put a picture of the back of my head before the cut & after the cut right near each other and the back length didnt change too much i think its how he shaped the front parts that are shorter & i notice it. it will grow though.

im glad most of my dead hair is done, it wasn't going too short because before jeff cut i told him at least 3 times i want to keep my length i want to grow my hair out i dont want my hair to be short lol =)

they should have a huge curly event in NYC so you NC curlies (and other curlies who dont have curly salon access) can have an exscuse to come up here & get your hair done! we should make a petition, i would def sign it!!

lush what you said did make sense i remember reading somewhere colroing your hair can change a curls texture and now im scared to do it in the regular salon

i was so excited to try styling my own hair i had to do it today i used the one condition 1st and then no poo and then more one condition since jeff told me condition like crazi. how often am i supposed to no poo now? im not exactly sure of it. after i rinsed i put some one c back on to leave in and after that i brought [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-BLeave-In-p-434.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-bleavein]b'leave-in[/buylink] in the shower and i put it on before i sqeezed the excess water out of my hair....then outside the shower i put alot more [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-BLeave-In-p-434.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-bleavein]b'leave-in[/buylink] on and then angell (this was all holding my hair upside down) i saw such great formation/definition in my hair i was soo happy!!! then i scrunched with the curl ease towel i just got in the mail upside down and then put more angell in (i remember my stylist putting on tons and tons of gel) then i slowly brought my head up and attempted to position clips like she did for my yesterday.

right now my hair is air drying with the clips in my hair so i will post results later. i think i did everything except clip placement right. im going to the mall today and essential sells deva stuff so im going to pick up set it free, i didnt realize it was creamy i thought it was regular hairspray.

also i read on the one-c bottle you can leave it on under a shower cap for an hour for an intense treatment. has anyone ever tried this? with heat? what was the results?

thanks again everyone! so sorry im writing a novel every post im just so excited =)
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • stubbornirishhairstubbornirishhair Posts: 118Registered Users
    Your hair looks absolutey gorgeous! I think they did a fantastic job and it still looks very long and luxurious!
    2B wavy thick hair
    Fia=2a M iii
    modified CG since 1/12/06
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    im going to the mall today and essential sells deva stuff so im going to pick up set it free, i didnt realize it was creamy i thought it was regular hairspray.

also i read on the one-c bottle you can leave it on under a shower cap for an hour for an intense treatment. has anyone ever tried this? with heat? what was the results?

I love SIF, and thank goodness it's not like a regular hairspray!! Make sure you spray it in your hands though first, and not directly onto your hair. This way you will waste less, then just smooth it over your hair like you would anything else, and scrunch it in. It's great!

I've use One C as a DT under the micro heat cap before, and it does work nicely. I still prefer to use something like Curls Ecstacy or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink], but One C will work as a DT as well. Try adding some honey to it, or even avocado oil or vitamin e oil. :)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Wow, your hair looks beautiful!
    Jeff did a lovely job!
    I also went to Devachan last Sat.
    and Carlos cut my hair. I know
    that he didn't cut much, but it looks
    shorter (will be updating album soon).
    So, I understand where you are coming
    from, but I agree with BanjoCurl, it'll
    grow fast now!
    :D
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
    i made a new hair album for post devachan cut pics, i started with today and in one pic i saw i still had the length u guys said i did :) -

my hair turned out really good & defined before when it dried (my friend complimented it tonight! shes a 2b wavy and started asking me questions- we all know what website i directed her too heheh) but today i noticed a deal of FRIZZ :evil:

i have a question regarding cg- can it be that because i just started cg and my hair isnt being coated down now my silicone and bad ingredients that its just reacting this way for now but then will get better??? any advice towards this will be soo appritiated!

oh also, my hair color looked a little duller then normal today. i didnt use my john frieda hair glaze that ive been using since feb due to the 'cones in it. can this be why? or can it also have the same CG temporary effect?

i went to the mall today and picked up the set it free spray, i will use it next time i wash. i also got mister right for 2nd day hair revival & the 6oz. bottle of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-BLeave-In-p-434.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-bleavein]b'leave-in[/buylink] for my purse since i got the 16oz. at the salon with the pump and i cant carry that. my mom decided to give me money owed to me right while im in the middle of a PJ attack LoL it wasnt the best idea.

i think sunday i will try onec as a dt, i did ouidad the last 3 weeks but its expensive so if i can rotate it with onec that will be great!

thank you soo much again everybody for compliments on my new hair, i think without all you curlie and wavies id be more freaked out by the length then anything else but im okay and in love with my cut LoL
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls

•hair timeline:
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • curlinicatorcurlinicator Posts: 911Registered Users
  • sweetpeacurlisweetpeacurli Posts: 343Registered Users
    forget the hair, girl, what mascara do you use? i must know! stat! :lol:

(but the hair looks fantastic, too. :P )
    Sulfate and Silicone-free since 2005
    CO-wash convert since October 2010
    Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Twitter: @sweetpeacurli

Currently loving:
    • Vo5 tea therapy conditioners
    • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
    • Giovanni Direct leave-in
    • Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
    I am now completely out of the closet as the craziest of crazy cat ladies. I own it. I embrace it. I am one with the crazy.
  • AlexaAlexa Posts: 208Registered Users
    Just adding that your hair looks great, i am so jealous & wish we had a Deva salon here in the UK it would be worth travelling a couple of hundred miles but NYC is just too far for a haircut! :lol:

The length looks great, it really is worth losing that bit of length to get the good condition a good shape to your hair, in a few weeks your hair will have grown & will look better than ever.
    U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
    Golden brown (coloured to cover grey).
    Low poo: Dr Organic, L'Oreal Everpure.
    Conditioner: Dr Organic Argan Oil.
    Leave In: Aussie, Curl Harmony.
    Gel: Curl Keeper Original, Umberto Gianni.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    i am so jealous & wish we had a Deva salon here in the UK it would be worth travelling a couple of hundred miles but NYC is just too far for a haircut! :lol:

Year or at least some Devachan trained stylists. You'd think since LM is originally from there that she might try to do some marketing over there and at least sell her products in salons there! Then maybe it would catch on here in Sweden. :wink: They've got Toni &Guy acadamies here, so why not a Devachan one? :)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
    thank you again everyone for compliments! do you think the cg routine can be causing the frizz im seeing? will it go down? i hope so

sweetpeacurli- i PMed you about the mascara =)
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls

•hair timeline:
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list