Keratosis Pilaris-DermaDoctor?

molliemaemolliemae Posts: 8Registered Users
I read some of the threads regarding KP (or the bumps you get on your arms, etc....or chicken skin...lol) and I found the website below. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this lotion. :)

http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=850&WID=%7B4325CC01%2D679B%2D42E4%2DBCF9%2D7230620CA9F9%7D

Comments

• RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did but I don't think it was worth the money. Eucerin is supposed to have a good lotion out (I think it is Plus Intensive Repair Body Cream) that is pretty cheap and works for that. I have not used it so I don't know for sure.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • molliemaemolliemae Posts: 8Registered Users
    Thanks!
  • SapphireWingstarSapphireWingstar Posts: 381Registered Users
    I went to the doc yesterday and she said that there isn't really much you can do for keratosis. It doesn't react to much. However, I'm still going to scrub with those shower glove things then moisturise afterwards with Eucerin.
    3b/c...or thereabouts.

Album: http://photobucket.com/albums/a119/CrazyCurlyQ/

Password: curlomania
    (albums are on the lefthand side)
  • briccagrlbriccagrl Posts: 540Registered Users
    You could try Amlactin cream..its over the counter. Lots of people get pretty good results with this...but you must use it on a daily basis and once you stop the KP will come back.
    .png
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    I got good results with salicylic acid 2%. The loofahs and shower gloves have aggravated it, but the chemical exfoliants have worked very well.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know it isn't really acne but I have also noticed the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash works well, especially if you pick at them which I sometimes do.

http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_18.asp

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Aloe Extract, Chamomile Extract, Matricaria Extract, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance

I don't find this to be very aggravating and it does help keep them clean. It comes in a Body Wash version too but the ingredients are a little different so that could make a difference in how it works.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file