Question for 3c/4a/4b hair? (A bit long, sorry!)

holleyb80holleyb80 Posts: 3Registered Users
Hey everyone. I've got a question for you all...my 10 year old is going natural...her natural curl is a 3c (at least as far as I can tell, that's judging by the curls underneath, but the new growth in front looks like 4a or 4b...). Her hair is about 14 inches long, very fine, but dense, and only the last 3 inches or so is straight. My question is this: what products do all you 3c'ers use on your curly hair? My daughter switches between Pantene and Creme of Nature shampoo & conditioner, but I have not found a styling product or a wash/style regimen that creates the texture we're looking for. I want some definition to her curls, but not a product that will make them crispy or wet-looking. Any suggestions? Or can you suggest a regimen? I know that the last few inches will never curl, but we are coming close to chopping time, and I want to be ready. Help!! And thanks!!

Comments

• tnaturaltnatural Posts: 362Registered Users
    I am almost about 5 months into transitioning but my new growth is also coming in as loose curls in the back and tight spiral curls in the front. When I where a wash and go style I use Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner and Carol's Daughter Hair Milk. They work pretty good at defining curls and add softness.

I have also heard good things about Kinky Curly Custard (I think that is the name) but I have not tried it yet.
    Last texturizer-9/18/08
    BC-12/30/09

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file