Grrr....Maxiglide.

curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Registered Users Posts: 264
Well, most of you know I am like the number one advocate of the Maxiglide. I mean, really, I should be getting a commission. Well, today, before a job interview might I add, I went and plugged my not-even-a-year-old MP in and nothing. I checked the plug, I checked the outlet, NOTHING. It crapped out! I'm furious! This is my 2nd Maxiglide. My original one is 4 years old and still working. Luckily, I still had that old one in my linen closet. It doesn't work as well as the MP model and it's so bulky, but it still works. I ordered the MP through HSN (haha...yes I admit it) so I'm really not sure what the return policy is. Somehow I doubt there is one. It's been about 8 months since I got it.

So now I'm considering just getting a new flat iron completely. I'm hesistant to sink another $100 into a Maxiglide MP if it's going to stop working in 8 months. I'd like to try one that's not as bulky as the Maxiglide. I'd try the CHI, I just don't like that you can't adjust the heat. Any suggestions?
3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok

Comments

• AphroDivaAphroDiva Registered Users Posts: 183
    Curlybrunette, I am still using my 5 years old Maxiglide, I thing the new models are being build cheap. My friend got one last year and broke withing 6 months!!!!
    I am sure that of you write them a letter about this issue they will replace it.
    Tell them you are a long time customer, and that you like their product, but how bad the latest purchase turned out, that it broke within months.
    Just try that, and see...I can't use any other Flat iron besides my maxiglide.
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Registered Users Posts: 264
    I think I will write them, AphroDiva. I'm so dissapointed the MPs just aren't made as well. I much prefer the smaller design...it's just easier for me to work with. I also can no longer find the flat plate for my old model so that's also a problem.

I just ordered a Solia with a 2 year COMPLETE warranty (it was over half off...I couldn't resist) after reading all the rave reviews all over the web. So maybe that'll work even better? Who knows. I've been in a completely monogamous relationship with Maxiglide for 5 years now...I feel so out of the flat-iron loop so who knows, there could be others out there that will work wonders for me.

PS I love your hair journal. Your hair is gorgeous...curly or straight!

Just updating to say I wrote the company and got a response in 2 days. They're sending me a new MP immediately along with a shipping label to send my old one back. All of this is of no cost to me. I must say, I'm impressed with how nicely they handled this.

My Solia SUCKED and is being returned. I'm back to being a strictly Maxiglide gal.

• onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,118
    What about all the InStyler rage?
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
    Ehh the Instyler just looks so awkward to use. The whole exposed hot metal barrel freaks me out...I'm afraid I'd seriously hurt myself with it. And it doesn't seem like you can get too close to your roots with it (because of the exposed scortching hot metal barrel) and my roots need straightening.

Plus after the Solia doing absolutely nothing to my hair (and I had it on the highest setting!), I'm weary to try anything else. It reaffirmed my belief in the Maxiglide being magical. hehe. Plus, now that they're sending me a brand new one with a 2 year complete warranty free of charge and all I had to do was send 1 email, they've won back my loyalty.

• AphroDivaAphroDiva Registered Users Posts: 183
    WOOHHOOO!!! You are getting a new MG!!!!!:toothy8:

I can't use any other. You should see my box full of flat irons of all kind, piled up on my closet.LOL
    While my Maxiglide stands gorgeously on my bathroom vanity...lol

Just updating to say I wrote the company and got a response in 2 days. They're sending me a new MP immediately along with a shipping label to send my old one back. All of this is of no cost to me. I must say, I'm impressed with how nicely they handled this.

My Solia SUCKED and is being returned. I'm back to being a strictly Maxiglide gal.
  • diggitydiggity Registered Users Posts: 58
    I was going to suggest a Solia, but I guess you didn't like that one? Huh maybe I should try the Maxiglide if it's better.
    3Aish hair, thin and fine-to-medium in texture, couple inches past shoulder length
    Routine:
    Wash/Condition: Jessicurl GLS, Aloeba, Too Shea
    Curly: GVP The Cream (love this)
    Straight: Ojon Tunu on wet hair, Aveda Smoothing Fluid and Style Prep Smoother before flat ironing or blow drying
    The Solia just didn't do anything. I wanted to like it so bad! It was so pretty and blue! I turned it up to the highest heat setting, ran it through a small chunk of hair and it just did nothing. My hair didn't straighten out, it didn't flatten...it didn't even feel hot. It was bizarre. The iron itself was hot, but the way my hair reacted was like running a cold iron over my hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file