high school reunions

banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
so I thought i would see how you all feel about these. I am on the committee for organizing our 40th in 2007. Now I was not that popular in HS but these get togethers have been wonderful. others feel that high school was heinous and want to forget it completely. so do you love em? hate em? I will be going to my first reunion as a CURLY GIRL and am actually quite excited--in a year my hair will be really long and hopefully look pretty good. I also find that the cliques and the BS grows less as we get older. what do u all think??
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I went to my 25th HS reunion last Fall, and had a fabulous time. The cheerleader-b!tchy-bunch were still b!tchy, but everyone else was great. What I noticed was that most of the women looked great. The guys all looked like bald old guys, LOL.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I missed mine, dammit...because my mother forgot to mail me the stuff. :evil:

I will be at my 25 with bells on, though!

• SilverwoodSilverwood Posts: 39Registered Users
    I "met" my husband at our 25th reunion. We were both single again and a year later we got married. That was 8 years ago. We didn't go to our 30th reunion and everybody who did go was mad at us for not showing up! I think we were broke (five kids in blended family :shock: ) but we told them we didn't need to go because we had already found each other. I'm still glad I went to the 25th one, though.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,709Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I loved school and was lucky enough to be popular. I was friends with all kinds of people (not just my clique) and have great memories. I still live in the same town and have no excuse for not going to my reunions but I've only made it to the 5th and 10th. We didn't have a 30th last year, we're waiting til next year when most everyone will be turning 50 and having a party then. I suppose I'll go. It's not that I don't like the events, I just don't really care I guess.
    I lost touch with friends after high school, got married at 20 and just continued to hang out with my husband(s), current boyfriend, and my family. I still don't have close girlfriends, by choice.
    My boyfriend wants me to go with him to his 30th this summer and I'll probably go to the Friday night casual event held at a popluar bar a block from my house.
    At least I know I'll stand out - everyone else will have straight dyed hair and mine will be grey and curly.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • mailgirlmailgirl Posts: 451Registered Users
    i went to my tenth. Missed the 20th...next year is the 25th. yikes! It was a joke. Everyone thought I was wierd in high school. I had very bad hair then...but now! ha! THE LAST (HAIR) LAUGH! the name of my someday book... hahahaha
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I've never gone to any of my reunions at all. However, I did go to my BF's high school reunion with him...I think it was his 20th. That was fine because I didn't have to see anyone I used to know.

One cool thing happened...I was talking to a woman, and it turned out that she and her family were the ones who bought our house when I was 10 and we moved to the next town. I dimly remember her as a little kid. Strange coincidence.
  • talltwinmomtalltwinmom Posts: 95Registered Users
    I went to my 10th and 20th reunion. My 20th was much better because everyone wasn't so concerned with showing off as they were at the 10th. More relaxed and enjoyable. Haven't heard about any upcoming reunions, but I will definitely go if we do. Plus, I had twins since my last reunion, and that is always good for some interesting conversation!
    3a/3b thin, just to the shoulders Modified CG 3/06; still working on a routine de jour
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My 20th is next year, and quite honestly I have no interest in going. I hated high school, and while I wish no one any ill-will, I just don't see the point.

My sister actually ran into one of my former classmates and she asked if I'd be willing to be on the committee (they must be hard up), and she said "uh, I don't think so but I'll ask". The girl asked my sis for my phone number, but thankfully sis knows better! :twisted:
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    My sister emailed me this week that she had gotten an email from one of my high-school classmates who was looking for me. Now the strange thing is that I still have the same name and live 10 miles from my old high school, while my sister is 3000 miles away on the other side of the country. How come my classmate found her but couldn't find me? :shock:

Sis checked with me whether I want my whereabouts revealed, and I said okay. I wonder what will come of this. Let's see...no, shouldn't be time for a reunion for about 3 years.
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I missed my 10 year reunion to be maid of honor at my friend's wedding. This weekend, I will miss my 20 year reunion because I will be teaching at FLETC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,709Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Just an update. I did go to my guy's 30th reunion last week. I was only a year ahead of that class so I knew most everyone. It was a fun time, very casual.
    My hair had a great time. I was the only woman there with grey hair. And the only woman there with curly hair, which was actually kind of funny because it was an outdoor event, very warm and very humid, and I was the only one there not running into the air conditioned bar to fix their hair every 10 minutes. I got to talk and drink and relax and not worry about what my hair looked like. So my hair got lots of attention and compliments, mostly thanks to the boyfriend saying "Oh you remember Jeep. She was the one with all that hair back in school".
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had a blast at my 20th,but we didn't have a 25th last year :(
    Looking forward ti 30(my husband's 30th is this year,but he HATES those things and never goes :) )
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file