CurlTalk

Vaccine-Autism study was a FRAUD

EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
Confidential medical documents and interviews with witnesses have established that Andrew Wakefield manipulated patients’ data, which triggered fears that the MMR triple vaccine to protect against measles, mumps and rubella was linked to the condition.

I can't wait to hear people (not in this thread) say that they'll still "err on the side of caution" and not vaccinate their children. Great job, Dr. Wakefield! You have manufactured an urban legend that will continue to live on, despite all evidence to the contrary, and could eventually lead to an epidemic!

Wow now we just need to promote the idea that condoms are full of little holes that let sperm and germs slip through!
«1

Comments

  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    That is completely reprehensible. I don't even know what to say other than that.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas


    My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    May I offer you some colloidal silver, while we're at it? It'll give you immunity to damn near anything. That way, you won't need those vaccines that are full of nasty stuff that--wait a minute--they haven't contained in years. You know, all those vaccines that can actually make you get sick--wait a minute--plenty of vaccines contain dead germs and cannot make you sick.

    Anyway, colloidal silver is great for your health. It'll put some color in your cheeks.

    argyria.jpg

    It might not be your first choice of color, though.

    (I saw a bottle of this in my local Longs Drugs the other day. Utterly reprehensible.)
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    I never understood it since we didn't have probs in the past..wtf would cause use to have them now? :dunno:
    I have to vaccinate my kid for their protection, that's for sure...jmo
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Eilonwy...do you believe in flu shots?
    And where is this doc?
    Has someone not hanged him? lol....assssssss
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    Eilonwy...do you believe in flu shots?

    What do you mean, "believe in"? I think they're important for healthy people to get, in order to provide herd immunity to people with weak immune systems (those who are young, sick, or elderly).

    However, I have a pretty bad reaction to flu shots. They make my arm very sore and stiff for a couple of days. I skipped getting one this year, and plan not to get one for a few more years. I hope that by then, the strains will have changed enough.

    I feel guilty about not getting a flu shot...It's possible that by not doing so, I've contributed to someone's illness or death. But dammit, they make my arm hurt real bad!
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    why would he do that....:-|
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    ^^^ I guess because he wanted to be famous, and he was willing to sacrifice other people's children to achieve that goal. And yes, quite a few children have died because of this.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    Also, if you don't vaccinate your children, it's not just your children whom you're putting at risk. You are risking the lives and well-being of all the other children in your community.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Also, if you don't vaccinate your children, it's not just your children whom you're putting at risk. You are risking the lives and well-being of all the other children in your community.
    I've always thought that, as well...
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Eilonwy...do you believe in flu shots?

    What do you mean, "believe in"? I think they're important for healthy people to get, in order to provide herd immunity to people with weak immune systems (those who are young, sick, or elderly).

    However, I have a pretty bad reaction to flu shots. They make my arm very sore and stiff for a couple of days. I skipped getting one this year, and plan not to get one for a few more years. I hope that by then, the strains will have changed enough.

    I feel guilty about not getting a flu shot...It's possible that by not doing so, I've contributed to someone's illness or death. But dammit, they make my arm hurt real bad!
    I see...
    I am a firm believer in them.
    Thanks for your view on the matter...
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Also, if you don't vaccinate your children, it's not just your children whom you're putting at risk. You are risking the lives and well-being of all the other children in your community.
    I've always thought that, as well...

    +2

    The arguments I've read in support of that seem to be from people who don't understand the concept of herd immunity.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Confidential medical documents and interviews with witnesses have established that Andrew Wakefield manipulated patients’ data, which triggered fears that the MMR triple vaccine to protect against measles, mumps and rubella was linked to the condition.

    I can't wait to hear people (not in this thread) say that they'll still "err on the side of caution" and not vaccinate their children. Great job, Dr. Wakefield! You have manufactured an urban legend that will continue to live on, despite all evidence to the contrary, and could eventually lead to an epidemic!

    Wow now we just need to promote the idea that condoms are full of little holes that let sperm and germs slip through!

    Eilonwy, has there been a new development? This article is from yesterday but I've known about the Wakefield vaccine study controversy for years. I know that I, as well as goldy, have posted about it.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    ^^^ I'm not sure if it's a new development. However, enough people are confused about the issue that if someone comes out and says "HEY GUYS, IT'S A SCAM," then it's worth notifying people.
  • JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this when I don't... my only question is why are there so many more vaccines now than when I was a kid? And kids are getting them so much younger now than then? I had the chicken pox and didn't die so why should my kid (if I ever have one) get a vaccine to not have it? I don't get it. :dontknow:

    [granted, my nonexistent future kid will have the mumps, measles and rubella vaccine, but I think some of the vaccines are getting kinda outta hand]
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

    3a-3b - high porosity
  • Oriental CurlOriental Curl Posts: 201Registered Users
    JillH410 wrote: »
    I had the chicken pox and didn't die so why should my kid (if I ever have one) get a vaccine to not have it? ... [granted, my nonexistent future kid will have the mumps, measles and rubella vaccine, but I think some of the vaccines are getting kinda outta hand]

    Well, yes and no. I got rubella at 6 weeks old, long before I was due to be vaccinated, and my brother and I both turned out to be immune to our mumps vaccines and we both got mumps as children. And we both survived without any (after) effects.

    But chicken pox and rubella and mumps can all (albeit rarely) cause central nervous system complications that can be fatal (and many other types of complication, several of which have the potential to be fatal too).

    It is possible to survive these diseases. After all, we've been doing it for thousands of years. But there would also be thousands more deaths and serious disabilities without these vaccines.
    Hair: LOTS of fine hair, mainly variations of 2 (FIA), now cut into a just-above-the-shoulder layered bob.

    Products: MOP C-System Curl Enhancing shampoo
    Original Source conditioners for co-washing and conditioning
    MOP C-System Curl Defining Cream
    Boots clear gel and/or Joico Joiwhip
    Joico Curl Activator on the second day.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    ^^^ I'm not sure if it's a new development. However, enough people are confused about the issue that if someone comes out and says "HEY GUYS, IT'S A SCAM," then it's worth notifying people.

    Nothing wrong with a PSA. I was just confused that the linked article was from this past weekend. I thought there was some new information that came to light.

    My daughter's pediatrician first told me of the study several years ago and also gave me information on another study that pointed to instances of Autism being detected before children were actually inoculated with the MMR vaccine. Here's a link to that study.

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpubmed%2F8050980" class="Popup
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    Parents NOT immunizing their children are idiots. I did however do pretty extensive study into the makeup and ingredients of these shots as I was preparing to continue with my already autistic child's immunization plan. It was found that much of his schedule was "expedited" early on by our health providers at the time. He received dose much higher than the prescribed levels. Do I think that is what caused his condition? No. Am I going to be extra cautious with this area of his health because of this (even false) study and history? Absolutely. Anytime anything comes up in this I will pay attention and do my own research to help provide for my son. He is completely current with ALL his immunizations however. I do spread them out some though so that he is not receiving them at once.
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    JillH410 wrote: »
    I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this when I don't... my only question is why are there so many more vaccines now than when I was a kid? And kids are getting them so much younger now than then? I had the chicken pox and didn't die so why should my kid (if I ever have one) get a vaccine to not have it? I don't get it. :dontknow:

    [granted, my nonexistent future kid will have the mumps, measles and rubella vaccine, but I think some of the vaccines are getting kinda outta hand]

    FYI, with the chicken pox vaccine, your child can still contract the disease, but supposedly, his symptoms won't be as severe as if he were never vaccinated for it. so with the vaccine, for example, he may become feverish with only a few itchy bumps on his torso, as opposed to being covered head to between toes, scalp, and in cracks and crevices with intense, itchy bumps, erupted skin, and permanent scarring. we took our chances and didn't do the vaccine. by and large, i don't trust drug companies or researchers (who flip flop every few years changing their minds about what is good or bad for us). i think they are using the population as guinea pigs, sitting back, and watching for decades what the effects will be in real people, and not the controlled groups or lab animals that they experiment on.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    Having not had children I can't speculate on a parent's feelings. Having a compromised immune system, I am all for vaccines. (I don't however do a flu shot, but then I rarely get the flue. Bronchitis loves me though.)

    My biggest beef with the chicken pox vaccine is that yes you still can get it. And you can get it as an adult when the complications become much more serious and life threatening. I had chicken pox twice (yes twice, I'm awesome like that) as a child but at least I'm aware I run the risk of shingles as an adult. Many who get vaccinated don't realize that it wears off and you can get much sicker later in life.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I never understood it since we didn't have probs in the past..wtf would cause use to have them now? :dunno:
    I have to vaccinate my kid for their protection, that's for sure...jmo


    I don't think that vaccines cause autism. But it could be a variety of things causing the increase in diagnoses. For one thing, I think people are diagnosing disorders in kids whereas before there was a "Oh, he's just weird" attitude.
    Also, there are so many more additives in foods, fire retardants on everything we touch, plastics everywhere. Who knows how that stuff, especially building up in our systems over time is affecting us.
    And though we have been vaccinating for decades, the number of shots kids get has shot up, and the number of shots they get at a single time at a young age. I don't think it causes autism, but I wonder how safe it really is to give a 2 month old 5 shots that contain 8 different vaccines, or whatever it is that the schedule says.
    And before anyone calls me an idiot, I did vaccinate my kids. I did not follow the CDC schedule, but we worked out a more reasonable one with our pediatrician.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

    Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    geeky wrote: »
    I did not follow the CDC schedule, but we worked out a more reasonable one with our pediatrician.

    Same here.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Rubella, chicken pox etc. may not be serious for a healthy child, but they can cause BIG problems for pregnant women, people with weakened immune systems, etc. It's not just about what it does to your child but what it does to the people around them.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali


    .png


    534Pm5.png





  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    geeky wrote: »
    And before anyone calls me an idiot, I did vaccinate my kids. I did not follow the CDC schedule, but we worked out a more reasonable one with our pediatrician.
    We were military directed for the first 18 months of my child's life. Kind of in the mindset to not question anything. In hindsight I would have changed that. I for one used the term idiot and probably came across as harsh because I do believe their are always exceptions. Spiritual convictions certainly could be included. I still strongly feel that in the majority of cases parents need to ensure their children get the immunizations and care their child deserves and take considerable deligence to do that as it works for them.
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »
    geeky wrote: »
    I did not follow the CDC schedule, but we worked out a more reasonable one with our pediatrician.

    Same here.

    Me, too, and I'm not an idiot either.
    I'm not concerned about autism, but allergies, foreign substances in the body, etc. Not vaccinating was definitely not an option for us with the travelling that we do and J being in day care and play school.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali


    .png


    534Pm5.png





  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    rainshower wrote: »
    FYI, with the chicken pox vaccine, your child can still contract the disease, but supposedly, his symptoms won't be as severe as if he were never vaccinated for it.

    This happened with me. I got only 13 spots total, and there was virtually no discomfort.

    I felt hugely betrayed at the time--I'd endured a shot!! But it was very well worth it. Also, my brother had been vaccinated, too, and he did not get sick.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »
    geeky wrote: »
    I did not follow the CDC schedule, but we worked out a more reasonable one with our pediatrician.

    Same here.


    I have done this as well.


    I think there has been some confusion between those that don't vaccinate their kids and those that do it on a different schedule. I believe every child should be handled differently. We give our children different amounts of antibiotic based on age and weight...but why do we treat our children the same when it comes to vaccinations? I believe the whole vaccination schedule needs to be re-evaluated. But who knows when that will occur.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Amneris wrote: »
    Rubella, chicken pox etc. may not be serious for a healthy child, but they can cause BIG problems for pregnant women, people with weakened immune systems, etc. It's not just about what it does to your child but what it does to the people around them.
    This is what I was going to say, Amneris.

    Also, the chicken pox an adult gets is much worse than the chicken pox a child gets. It can cause all sorts of things, including sterility. If a child doesn't get the vaccine and isn't exposed to chicken pox as a child (due to luck, homeschooling or whatever), s/he can be in a world of hurt if exposed as an adult.

    There was an interesting article on webmd about this study, another similar study, and the link (or not) between vaccines and autism. Here's a link if anyone's interested.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    Also, the chicken pox an adult gets is much worse than the chicken pox a child gets. .

    Aint that the truth. My aunt got it when she was in her 50's. She wound up in the hospital.

    My brother got them when he was around 9 or 10. I hadn't gotten them yet, and I was 16. (this was in the 90's, so before the shot. I THINK) My mother, not wanting me to wind up in the hosiptial like her sister, made sure I got them.

    i had never been so ill. I thought I was dying.


    Bake to the topic. Isiaiah got his shots, but on a schedule I felt comfortable with.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Is this the old British study that was retracted a while back (or at least all of the authors except the PI retracted?).

    DD will be up-to-date on her shots by the time she starts school. But for now, I'm taking it easy and spreading them out. I was more on schedule with DS's shots but I swear that even in the 2 years between the two of them, there have been more shots added.

    I agree with those who think that the schedule needs to be re-vamped, or at least alternative schedules for interested parents should be readily available. So much of Public Health is geared to the lowest-common denominator. If the end goal is compliance, then you need to give as many shots as you can in as few visits. Sorry, but my newborn baby doesn't need 4 shots (exposure to 9 antigens and all the other crap that goes into vaccines) in one visit.
  • rnconniesfrnconniesf Posts: 256Registered Users
    I had a patient several years ago, a 10 yo boy who died from chicken pox, his went all the way down his throat and he suffered CNS damage that resulted in his death. My cousin had measles when she was 2 years old, got meningitis from the measles infection and lost her hearing. Both kids previously healthy with no sign of immune problems. Some times these "normal" childhood diseases are not as mundane as we think they are.
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
«1