Info re Peptides

rudeechickrudeechick Registered Users Posts: 6,726
Anyone have any knowledge/experience on these? I am very satisfied with my current skin care routine, but am interested in incorporating Peptides into the mix.

Right now I use CE Ferulic Serum, followed by Prevage, followed by Revale (coffeeberry)w/SPF in the AM, and Renova followed by Hyluaronic Acid(B5) serum, followed by Kinerase Cream at night. AM and PM I use Kinerase eye cream.

TIA
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I use Skin Biology Super Copper Peptide Serum http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/SB24_1/Super_CP_Serum_1_oz.html , because it works so well with Retin-A, and keeps me from getting too irritated. CP's are collegen builders. If you get peely from your Renova, you might want to try CP's. I don't think it does much else though in terms of skin rejuvenation.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Registered Users Posts: 6,726
    I use Skin Biology Super Copper Peptide Serum http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/SB24_1/Super_CP_Serum_1_oz.html , because it works so well with Retin-A, and keeps me from getting too irritated. CP's are collegen builders. If you get peely from your Renova, you might want to try CP's. I don't think it does much else though in terms of skin rejuvenation.
    Oh, so it would be redundant WITH the Renova? I tolerate the renova well.
    My Photobucket Album
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    I use the PSF Copper Peptides. I really think out of everything I use they make the biggest difference in my skin. I rub some into my skin every other night (alternated with Retin-A).
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
    realistic wrote: »
    I use the PSF Copper Peptides. I really think out of everything I use they make the biggest difference in my skin. I rub some into my skin every other night (alternated with Retin-A).
    Great. What does PSF stand for? And how has it changed your skin?
    My Photobucket Album
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    rudeechick wrote: »
    Oh, so it would be redundant WITH the Renova? I tolerate the renova well.

Not redundant. They do different things. CP's help with irritation from Renova. If you tolerate the Renova without too much irritation already, then you probably won't see much benefit from CP's.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Registered Users Posts: 2,017 Curl Neophyte
    There are lots of other kinds of peptides out there, though, aren't there? Or am I wrong about that?

Also, if something builds collagen, shouldn't that help the appearance of your skin in a deeper way (and not just with irritation?) I thought I read that peptides were good in combination/rotation with retinoids, as well -- whether or not your skin is irritated by the retinoids.

I've been wanting to try peptides too, but haven't known where to start. I read a lot about skin care ingredients, but I forget it all so quickly.....

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    There are lots of other kinds of peptides out there, though, aren't there? Or am I wrong about that?

Also, if something builds collagen, shouldn't that help the appearance of your skin in a deeper way (and not just with irritation?) I thought I read that peptides were good in combination/rotation with retinoids, as well -- whether or not your skin is irritated by the retinoids.

I've been wanting to try peptides too, but haven't known where to start. I read a lot about skin care ingredients, but I forget it all so quickly.....
    As far as I know they also boost collogen production. peptides products are the only item I cant seem to find alot of definitive recommendations for....

I dont know if there are differents types or what concentrations to look for, etc....
    My Photobucket Album
  • VanedaVaneda Registered Users Posts: 402
    Can't peptides supposedly give you "the uglies"? I read about this on another board but haven't read enough to know if it is really something to be worried about..?
    2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
    For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
    Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

Vaneda wrote: »
    Can't peptides supposedly give you "the uglies"? I read about this on another board but haven't read enough to know if it is really something to be worried about..?
    Lol. First of all... what are "the uglies"?? And as far as I know, no.... they are supposed to IMPROVE "the uglys"!!!;)(
    My Photobucket Album
  • VanedaVaneda Registered Users Posts: 402
    Vaneda wrote: »
    Lol. First of all... what are "the uglies"?? And as far as I know, no.... they are supposed to IMPROVE "the uglys"!!!;)(

From what I could gather, "the uglies" could happen if you overdid it with copper peptides - and these uglies were patches of sagging or wrinkly looking skin that you could get - it seemed like this happened especially in the eye area...?

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned anything until I knew what I was talking about :lol:
    2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
    For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
    Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

rudeechick:
    PSF = Pure Skin Formulations.

The peptides have really evened out my complexion. My complexion has been looking so bad in the past year I wasn't sure if it would ever look close to "even" again. It's not a miracle product or anything but it does make a noticeable difference in the overall appearance of my skin. And I didn't get any "uglies."
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    -Henry David Thoreau
    realistic wrote: »
    rudeechick:
    PSF = Pure Skin Formulations.

The peptides have really evened out my complexion. My complexion has been looking so bad in the past year I wasn't sure if it would ever look close to "even" again. It's not a miracle product or anything but it does make a noticeable difference in the overall appearance of my skin. And I didn't get any "uglies."
    Thank you for the feedback. will check it out asap!
    My Photobucket Album
    Have been using Kinerase c8 Peptide for the past week. I actually see a difference already in the brightness and evenness of my skin. And while the product DOES contain Kinentin and Vit C, Those are 2 ingredients I have been using regularly for years, so it could very well be the Peptides.
    My Photobucket Album
    have been using the Kinerase C8 since my last post and absolutely see a difference in my skin: it is brighter and clearer. So far so good.
    My Photobucket Album
  • VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    did you purchase it online and how do you work it into your routine? tia!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    VTmom wrote: »
    I did purchase it online. I use it in the AM 5 minutes after my C serum, then 5 minutes later follow it with Day creams.
    My Photobucket Album
  • VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^^ thank you!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    [/quote]
    VTmom wrote: »
    I did purchase it online. I use it in the AM 5 minutes after my C serum, then 5 minutes later follow it with Day creams.

Ruddee I could be wrong but I think copper peptides and vit. c don't work well together.

http://dianayvonne.zoovy.com/category/100

From the bottom of the page:
    Can I use other skin care products with copper peptides?Yes. Dr. Pickart's second generation copper peptides are very stable and can be used with other actives, such as Retin-A, etc. However, Vitamin C is the only active that you should not apply at the same time as applying copper peptides. Copper peptides will inactivate topical Vitamin C and you would be wasting your money applying them at the same time. It is better to separate application, one in the morning and the other at night.
    -Henry David Thoreau
    Will research that further - thanks for the heads up!!:homework:
    My Photobucket Album

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file