Neutrogena Mineral Sheer Powder Foundation

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Has anyone tried this? I bought it today to try out. Looks interesting and I like the description of it...goes on effortlessly to feel weightless on your skin. The mineral formula has a soft powdery texture and offers a more natural radiant look vs. the more flat, matte look and feel of many traditional cosmetics. Get beautiful, natural-looking coverage that builds to the level you desire with more strokes of the brush.

I also bought some Maybelline Pure makeup foundation because it says it won't clog pores so that interests me too. I am on a quest to find the best foundation. So far my fall back is Loreal Cashmere Perfect. It goes on easy and blends well but it isn't so good when I have flaky days (usually after a bad breakout at that time of the month :( )

So has anyone used either one? Thoughts?
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• lafeistlafeist Posts: 72Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am curious too. Does it contain mica?
    Mostly 3B with some 3C. Faves :Sap Moss co and a weekly Sap Moss shampoo.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Apparently so. Is that a bad thing? Here is the ingredients from drugstore.com

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Pantothenic Acid, Soybean Flour (Glycine Soja), Silk Powder, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May also contain: Ultramarines, Carmine, Manganese Violet
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wish i could help you.

Neutrogena makeup is not available in Canada and i haven't been to the US in almost 6 years.

:(
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • lauren1904lauren1904 Posts: 19Registered Users
    Mica's not a bad thing...it's actually a really cool mineral that forms naturally in layers. It has an irridescent color to it. Belive it or not, it's ground up and found in a lot of makeup products to give it that sheer luminence. It's not a bad thing, it's just a natural mineral that gives the product a little shine and makes you glow.

Here's an interesting fact though: Did you know they used to use fish scales in lipsticks and other makeup products to give them shine? Gross! I for one am glad that they've replaced that with a natural mineral.

(I'm a dork, I know!)
    2B/3A
    shoulder blade length
    RECENTLY blonde!!!
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lauren1904 wrote:
    Here's an interesting fact though: Did you know they used to use fish scales in lipsticks and other makeup products to give them shine? Gross! I for one am glad that they've replaced that with a natural mineral.

(I'm a dork, I know!)

Ewww! I recall hearing something about using whale fat in lipstick many years ago. Yuck!

So I tried the Neutrogena and I am not impressed. Maybe I am doing something wrong but it did not give hardly any coverage at all. All it looked like was I swirled powder on my face. Not a good look. I will play with it a little more some other day. In the meantime, I moved on to the Maybelline Pure and so far I am really liking it. Coverage is good, blended nice and it feels good/smooth on my skin (not cakey). Will have to see how it holds up all day.
  • lauren1904lauren1904 Posts: 19Registered Users
    I use a product similar to the Neutrogena one you bought and I love it...usually. The trick is to use VERY little powder on your brush, tap the handle of the brush on the counter so the powder falls down into it, and rub the brush around your face in little circular motions. If you need more coverage, you can repeat the process. I usually do each half of my face separately. However, I don't need much coverage in the first place. So a product like that is perfect for me, it just evens my skin tone out.

On really dry days, or if I use too much powder, I don't like it as much becaues it looks really powdery and a little cakey.
    2B/3A
    shoulder blade length
    RECENTLY blonde!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file