Please help this gilr with dried out curls!!

Hi i had really nice curls until i put the flat iron to it every week for the past winter months...:confused5: :cry: i know i know what was i thinking... now my hair is a ball of mess my curls arent curls anymore... they are just there dried... well my question is.. what kind of shampoo should i use what conditioner.. can some one recommend a GOOD deep conditioner.. also how can i have my curls last for days as oppose to 5 hours... im in desperate need to get my curls back to normal... i have type 3b.. with major frizz... can someone recommend a serum i can use daily... also im going for a cut because lets face it... my hair is dried out and dead.... and also a good gel.. Please i greatly appreciate all support :toothy6:

Comments

• susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    After your cut...treat it very gently. Deep conditioning treatments a couple of times a week, then back off to weekly or monthly as it improves.

Check out the threads for various non-sulfate shampoos, cone-free conditioners, keep the heat away as much as possibel.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• cpereira137cpereira137 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you... i ordered [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-LowPoo-p-54.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-lowpoo]DevaCurl low-poo[/buylink] and Deva-curl Conditioner.... now i need a really good deep conditioning...Any suggestions
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can also use the Deva OneC as a DT. Has how on the label. Also search these threads as there are tons of DT recipes floating around. I'm liking coconut milk, baby food bananas, 1tbls olive oil, and 1/2 tbls honey all pureed together then heated up a bit and poured on. Cover with a plastic cap and maybe a hot towel to keep the heat in. Leave it on for about an hour then I rinse, co-wash, and condish. It's been giving me really soft hair. There is also a thread on here about a coconut chocolate milk mix that I'm gonna try this week.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file