My type 3 is now a type 2

I always used to hate my curly hair. I would wish and pray that I would wake up and it would be straight. Well, it seems that just when I've embraced my ringlettes, my hair starts to change. I don't know if it was the years of blowdrying and coloring and over styling, but what once was a raging head of type 3 locks has now calmed down to a mane of type 2 tresses.

I'm faced with a dilema, maybe you could help me out there. I'm on the threshold of type 3 and type 2. My type 3 products seem to be too strong for the newborn waves. Do you have any product suggestions? And is there any way to get my type 3 curls back??? I miss them!!

You know what they say...you always want what you don't have!
2B/3A
shoulder blade length
RECENTLY blonde!!!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• outtahereouttahere Posts: 343Registered Users
    I've had the same thing happen to me, except I'm going from wavy to straight. I think growing it longer has affected it some, and also, my age. I had straight hair until about age 12 when it got very wavy with some spirals. As I'm getting older, it's reverting back to straight, I think. It is still wavy when it's very humid, but otherwise, is only slightly wavy in back with straight hair on the sides.
    Also, a lot of wavies are into Low Poo and No Poo by Devacurl and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Hair Cleansing Cream[/buylink] by Jessicurl. They are gentle cleansers. You might want to look into those products.
  • jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    Mine had been a 3 from the time I had hair :D , but it changed to a 2 (but I'm sure part of it was my fault from damaging it). It's a 2 now, and as much as I complain about it, it's very versatile.
    2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, for two reasons:

1. I have moved from always living in more humid places to an arid land, and my curls have loosened.

2. I have more gray and they are more wirey and less curly.

My hair now looks to be more 3b/a but soon I'll have my 3b/c's back when I move back to CA!!!!! 8) My hair curled up much better while I was back there for sis's wedding, so I guess it's not all gone! :)

But I feel like you sometimes: I've yearned for looser curls sometimes and now can get them with a few tricks. But I'd rather have my tighter curls on a day-to-day basis!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • lauren1904lauren1904 Posts: 19Registered Users
    Thanks for your advice girls!! Where can I get the no-poo products you were talking about Kenzie? I grew up in Florida (humidity was off the charts) and now I'm living in California, which is much drier. Maybe that's a reason too. I'm sure I'll learn to like my looser curls; I just have to re-learn how to style and take care of it.
    2B/3A
    shoulder blade length
    RECENTLY blonde!!!
    I think CurlMart sells them all. From the Jessicurl website, you can order samples. I've never used Jessicurl or Devacurl products - I just know a lot of wavies here like them. I was tempted to buy Jessicurl's Gentle Lathering Shampoo (I feel like I need an actual shampoo), but bought Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo instead because a few people suggested it to me, and it's cheaper. I really like it so far. It has no sulfates or harsh stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file