California SF Bay Area Curlies!!!

CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
It's been almost a year since a few of you met up (I missed it).
I was thinking it's time to start planning something again.
I'd love to meet my local curlies! :D

Who's in?
SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Comments

• izzytartizzytart Posts: 88Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would love to - I missed the last one because I wasn't "on" here yet. It would be fun!
    "when I sleep, my curls crush flat, like a slinky that's slopped sideways"
    Gone 'girly. Last 'poo 10/18/08
    Current experiment is Co-Wash and Condition: V05 kiwi lime clarifying conditioner
    Then KBB super silky, KCCC, then L'Oreal Melting Gel with a bit of GF Super Stiff mixed in.
    Pre-toweling, post-toweling, pre-plop and post-plop. The jury is not out on the plopping thing. I think my hair is too fine.
    fine / non-porous / thin aka 3"abba" / oh so Fine / just barely ii
  • duckyducky Posts: 927Registered Users
    I will possibly be in - I think Napa is considered North Bay, so depending on my finances once we actually settle on a date, I might be in.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ducky! I missed that you are moving again, now to Napa? How cool. :) Of course you are included.

I put bay area because that's the general region, but anyone living in or even visiting Northern CA is welcome if they want to come! :D

No plans yet, I guess we'll wait until we get some interest here.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    oh, I've lived in Napa since October - my husband and I just were not cut out for city livin'. :D
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    Im in, allthough Ill be leaving the bay area at the end of March. ( I know it took about a year to settle on a date last time LOL)
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

I noticed your ticker today and you are so close to being done! Where are you off to next?
    ducky wrote: »
    I noticed your ticker today and you are so close to being done! Where are you off to next?

Actually Im going home to Reno for the summer because my mom is having back surgery, my brother is getting married and my cousin is having the first grandbaby in the family. So as soon as my SO finds out where he is getting stationed (he should find out about July/August) I will start applying to school near him. So I have NO idea where I am going..but Im looking forward to it!

Your hubby still doing culinary stuff? Where in Napa are you guys?

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

We're actually in the town (city?) of Napa, a few blocks south of downtown. DH is almost done with his externship, and has some interviews for real chef jobs later this week (and thank goodness for that, because the externship is not paid, and I don't actually make enough money to support both of us! It's been a tight few months)

Sounds like you are in for an adventure wherever you go! What are you going to study?
    Napa is wonderful, I love the little downtown area :)

I plan on going to a technical school for Radiology Tech. I want to work with MRI or Xray.

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• notyouraveragecurlnotyouraveragecurl Posts: 193Registered Users
    Whoops! I just posted an exact topic like this...what do you guys think of my idea?

"Hello beautiful Ladies!

I've been lurking for ages on the forums and would like to get together! I live in San Ramon but my ideal place would be San Jose, maybe downtown for some Thai or Indian food and then the particularly adventurous ones hit up the bars! :icon_smile: I'm moving to SJ in September and, while I know the town well, don't get the chance to go out very often--in fact, I think I've gone out three times in the last year: boo!

So, what do you all think? :icon_smile:"

...Hmmm? 8)
    There is a phenomenal amount of beauty in self-acceptance. <3
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Is this on? I live in the Midwest but I'm visiting SF next week (the week of July 27), so I thought I'd pop into this thread and see if anything's up.
    ehLB.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file