Merle Norman

MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
I'm curious - have any of you guys tried Merle Norman's Lasting Foundation or Aqua Base? (They are both for oily/combination skin).

I am having a HECK of a time finding something with medium - full coverage for oily skin that is in a creme' formula. I have tried Maybelline Dream Mousse (I am a cross between Tan and the shade a bit lighter than Tan...I dont have time to sit around mixing colors). I remembered using Merle Norman when I was in middle school for pageants.

Any reviews would be helpful.

Comments

• niknik Posts: 109Registered Users
    Meghuney,

I have not used the two that you are asking about. I have used the Luxiva Timeless Age Defying Liquid foundation and it was my favorite for a long time. I am African American and the first time I went into the Merle Norman store I was in there looking at eyeshadows. To be honest I didn't think they carried colors that would flatter Black women but to my surprise this was probably the best feeling and lightest foundation I have ever used. I am barely 30 so when the sales woman gave the age defying makeup I was hot but when she put it on me it felt wonderful, I didn't look like a drag queen and there are very minute sparkles in it that make me look so dewy and young. The ONLY reason I don't use it now is because the color doesn't seem to be matching me perfectly anymore. I don't know if they changed the formula or if I am getting darker for some reason but that is the only reason.
    There will never be another you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file