living proof

woodywoody Registered Users Posts: 21
has anyone tried any of the living proof products?

Comments

• CarrollCarroll Registered Users Posts: 224
    :blob:Funny.....Woody, I just received mine but haven't yet tried it. It was in Allure magazine and is getting WONDERFUL reviews....have you seen them yet??? I guess a bunch of chemists formulated it & the great thing is there are no cones.

I will be trying mine very soon and let you know how it goes.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.
    Well, I am quite disappointed after reading all the wonderful reviews :dontknow:

I'll stick w/ my jojoba oil and gel for straightening.
  • xxCaitlinxxxxCaitlinxx Registered Users Posts: 23
    i used this product! if you use to much you may get a little crunch but then you can just put some oil stuff in (mine is from ouidad) and it is awesome! one step. so easy! got rid of alot of my bulk and NO FRIZZ!!!:lol:
  • starcrosserstarcrosser Registered Users Posts: 183 Curl Connoisseur
    Carroll wrote: »
    Well, I am quite disappointed after reading all the wonderful reviews :dontknow:

Do you mind if I ask how you use jojoba oil and gel for straightening? Do you use a blowdryer or flat iron? Once I tried to use some jojoba oil on dry hair before flat ironing (like I use serums). Yikes, it didn't work well at all. I think the oil got too hot. It actually smelled like cooking oil in my bathroom! It was pretty scary but I don't think I hurt my hair too badly.

Also I will be trying the Living Proof No Frizz product soon. Will report back. :)
    3A curls, fine texture, thin (it's always been that way). A few inches past shoulder length and would like it to grow very long.

Latest routine:
    Sulfate-free shampoo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Elucence, Bedhead Superstar
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner, DermOrganic Masque, Redken All Soft
    Style: DermOrganic Argan Oil Treatment/Serum, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Oyin Hair Dew

Do you mind if I ask how you use jojoba oil and gel for straightening? Do you use a blowdryer or flat iron? Once I tried to use some jojoba oil on dry hair before flat ironing (like I use serums). Yikes, it didn't work well at all. I think the oil got too hot. It actually smelled like cooking oil in my bathroom! It was pretty scary but I don't think I hurt my hair too badly.

Also I will be trying the Living Proof No Frizz product soon. Will report back. :)

Sure....l put the jojoba oil on my wet hair after leave-in conditioner and then my gel....blow dry and it comes out nice and straight w/ no frizz.

Sure....l put the jojoba oil on my wet hair after leave-in conditioner and then my gel....blow dry and it comes out nice and straight w/ no frizz.

Thanks! I should give that a try.
    3A curls, fine texture, thin (it's always been that way). A few inches past shoulder length and would like it to grow very long.

Latest routine:
    Sulfate-free shampoo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Elucence, Bedhead Superstar
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner, DermOrganic Masque, Redken All Soft
    Style: DermOrganic Argan Oil Treatment/Serum, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Oyin Hair Dew
  • phranq12345phranq12345 Registered Users Posts: 31
    For me it is the only product that holds up to the fog and humidity of the bay area. I've been using it every day for about 3 months. I used silicon based products before and they were good but I had a lot of buildup which I don't get with living proof.
    "let us be grateful for those that make us happy; they are the charming gardners that make our souls blossom" -- Proust
    Ok I tried my sample for the first time. It's the best blow dry product I've ever used!! Not even kidding. My hair is super soft, shiny and totally frizz-free. I am impressed but don't want to jinx it. Even my husband said it looks really good and he's worried now because we "have to keep buying it now" and he thinks it's too expensive. LOL!

I will update in a few days on how I am feeling and if the results are keeping up.

Latest routine:
  • tammiestammies Registered Users Posts: 12
    I have been reading about this stuff and really curious about how it works. I finally bought some today at Sephora and I love it! My hair is soft but plenty of hold. And my hands didn't feel slimy after I applied it!

I hope it continues to work so well.
    thick, jaw length bob 3a/b, CG since March '07! love my curls
  • NottyNotty Registered Users Posts: 1,456
    I finally decided to use the Living Proof that I got a month ago. So far so good...........that being said I'm going to the Dominican in 3 weeks and will definately want to see how it responds to the humidity:lol:
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    http://public.fotki.com/notty6

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file