CurlTalk

"Wacky Tacky Day" ... hairstyles?

Undoubltedly the best part of school spirit week is Wacky Tacky day. Last year I made myself a shirt (well... "reconstructed" an old t-shirt...) and brushed my hair :D

This year, I want to do something different. Brushed Katie-hair was a shock last year, but there's got to be sooo many different "wacky tacky" or maybe just "wacky" curly hair styles. the thing I liked about the brushed hair was that it felt "free" in that I really didn't have to care how my hair looked, because I knew it looked bad :lol:

...sooo any suggestions? I'm open to just about anything except dying/coloring my hair or straightening all of it.
I am a 3a/b with normal-coarse hair that is medium-thick and fairly porous.

Currently using:
~VitaminShampoo (CG :mrgreen: )
~L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for medium to long hair that's curly/wavy
......wow that is a mouthful.
~Garnier Fructis curl-shaping spray gel
*or*
~Pantene curl defining mousse

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ha, ha, straightening your hair for Wacky Tacky Day would be totally funny but probably only to you (and us). You might piss off a whole bunch of straighties. Love the thought though! :D
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Posts: 350Registered Users
    Only brush half of it :happy11:
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    eche428 wrote: »
    Ha, ha, straightening your hair for Wacky Tacky Day would be totally funny but probably only to you (and us). You might piss off a whole bunch of straighties. Love the thought though! :D

Someone with my sense of humor! I did that when I was in high school. I dressed up in a preppy outfit and straightened my hair. It was nice.
  • jlritcheyjlritchey Posts: 18Registered Users
    Hmmm...a beehive. Or you could use one of those banana clips to bring it all together in the middle, like a ponytail that runs the whole length of your head. Then tease and hairspray or gel the top to come forward.

Like this only better:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.curly-hair-styles-magazine.com%2Fcurly-hair-photo-style-13.html" class="Popup

Or straighten one side of your hair, leaving the other totally curly like this:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.curly-hair-styles-magazine.com%2Fcurly-hair-photo-style-10.html" class="Popup
    3a/b and dry! Fully CG as of 1/1/09--was mod cg from 4/15/09 but not anymore :D

co-wash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    rinse out/leave-in: LVPNG
    deep treatment: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    styling: ISO bouncy creme, HESMU, LOOB, LA Looks Sport & Mega Mega Hold
  • SephirothsChild15SephirothsChild15 Posts: 208Registered Users
    OH! I LOVED doing that for high shcool!

What I did was get a wire clothes hanger. And bend it around my head. THen I braided my hair into the wire. This caused braids that stuck into the air.

I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

If you like the idea, I have pics somewhere...

EDIT:

This isn't me.. but here you go.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2F2good2lose.com%2Fimages%2Fpippicostume.jpg" class="Popup

Braid your hair in pigtails. If you have long hair, even better, clip a wire clothes hanger and insert the wire through the center of the braid. Bend the wire to make your braids turn up. (Sort of like Pippy Longstocking, see the picture)
    :love7: I'm starting to love my hair :love7:

WARNING: I come with spelling errors.

:blob5:Loving the IceQueen Method

:salute:The biggest fight that we will never win, is the one with out hair.

• nutterbutterflynutterbutterfly Posts: 137Registered Users
    woah jlritchey, I LOVE the first link. I wonder how they did that....

thanks for the ideas... I like the preppy straight hair idea, but I go to private school with literally 7 people in my grade, so its not so mcuh "clique-y" enough for that.
    I am a 3a/b with normal-coarse hair that is medium-thick and fairly porous.

Currently using:
    ~VitaminShampoo (CG :mrgreen: )
    ~L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for medium to long hair that's curly/wavy
    ......wow that is a mouthful.
    ~Garnier Fructis curl-shaping spray gel
    *or*
    ~Pantene curl defining mousse
  • lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Posts: 287Registered Users
    Maybe put little ponytails all over your head (Scary Spice style but without the buns) and then brush out the ends of them so they get puffy?