Better to use Aphogee or K-pac

I have been using Aphogee liquid treatment (the one that gets super crunchy) with success, about every 6-8 weeks before I go to the salon. I am almost out, so I was thinking of trying something different, if its worth it.

Do you think it is better to do the K-pac (sally gvp version) every 2 weeks or keep doing the aphogee every 6 weeks? or is it all relative and about the same.

the aphogee is kind of time consuming/smelly/runny, but since I only to it occasionally, I can tolerate it.
Fine, Straight, Bleached, Long Hair,TJ Nourish lowpoo for rinsing out bleach, Kpak protein. Gvp hydrating balm. cowashing with vo5 kiwi.
I am a conditioning fiend!

Comments

• cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't know anything about k-pac. I know a lot of people on long hair boards us it.

Aphogee also makes a protein conditioner that's nice called Intensive Kertain reconstructor. I bought a bottle for 8 bucks for a 16 oz bottle a year ago and still using it. I don't think it's as strong as the treatment stuff, but maybe using it more frequently? It's not runny or messy, smells like coconuts. I use it as a mini DT every now and then, or if I run out of conditioner.

Another alternative is Nexxus makes a protein treatment as well that you can buy in department stores. I've heard it's 2nd best to aphoggee. I've used it. It was good. Expensive but a little goes a long way. Messy though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file