CurlTalk

61 ounces of conditioner

... was purchased by yours truly this week. That's normal for you, too, right?
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fjillipoo.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
Twitter: nopoojillipoo

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    DETAILS woman!!!! What is this Gigantic bottle in your possession?
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    :notworthy:

I did about half of that last week - most of that was Lustrasilk though!
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users
    The damage came in the form of:

33 oz. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba[/buylink]
    24 oz. EO Rose and Chamomil
    3.3 oz. Nexxus Emergencee

and you know what? I ordered Lustrasilk online, so even though I haven't received it yet, I guess I have to add that to the grand total... Good lord. That takes it to 81 ounces!

I will be the slipperiest girl in town!!!!
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users

Aaagh, KT comes in a bigger size now?! Where have I been?

Jilli, I can relate, I'm a total conditioner addict.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I can totally relate. You have me beat but I managed to buy 51 ounces myself. But almost 1/2 of that was Lustrasilk (darn big tub!).

But add in the gels I have bought - YIKES!

And I still want the Avalon Olive & Grape Seed and Fuzzy Duck conditioners...oh, yeah and the Sally's GVP conditioning balm (I had that one in my hand but put it back).
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    jillipoo wrote: »
    ... was purchased by yours truly this week. That's normal for you, too, right?

This time of year, apparently it is. 8)

I'm close, if not over that amount. I purchased 2 20-oz. tubs of Lustrasilk, 1 bottle of VO5, and 1 bottle of Suave.

My hair keeps sucking this stuff up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, yeah! I bought:

(4) 20oz. White Rain Citrus conditioners
    (1) 11oz. AOHR
    (1) 11oz. GPB
    (1) 11oz. Whit. Camelia

= 113oz. :shock: (I've never thought of adding up ounces! Oh my!)

Guess I'm set for a few weeks! :sign5:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • sarahthewarriorsarahthewarrior Posts: 252Registered Users
    I think I'm winning so far. Last week I bought:

2 liters (67 oz.) Giovanni TTTT
    2 liters (67 oz.) Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    1 liter (33.5 oz.) Giovanni 50:50

167.5 ounces!

They were only $12.99 each at T.J. Maxx and came with a pump, so I just couldn't resist trying them for that price. I'm enjoying the Smooth as Silk and 50:50 so far, but I haven't tried the TTTT yet. DH the enabler went back and bought three more bottles after I had bought only two, so I think he should be accountable for those. I've told him I have no more room for conditioners, so I'm forbidden from purchasing more until I've at least made a dent in all these!
    Fine but dense 3B: naturally red, naturally curly
    CG since July 8, 2008!
    Co-Wash: Suave Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioner
    Rinse-Out: Giovanni TTTT Conditioner
    Leave-In: Suave Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioner
    Products: Clairol 3-in-1 Condition mousse with L.A. Looks Sport gel
    Fotki pw: curls Updated 9-4-09
    I bow to the victor, appropriately named sarahthewarrior!

Just think: some stores open with that much conditioner in stock.

xcptnl wrote: »
    I can totally relate. You have me beat but I managed to buy 51 ounces myself. But almost 1/2 of that was Lustrasilk (darn big tub!).

But add in the gels I have bought - YIKES!

And I still want the Avalon Olive & Grape Seed and Fuzzy Duck conditioners...oh, yeah and the Sally's GVP conditioning balm (I had that one in my hand but put it back).

I hear you, xcptnl. Had the drugstore I visited carried the Avalon Olive & Grape Seed conditioner, I would have bought that, too. Lucky (?) for me, they didn't have it.

• amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,204Registered Users
    Well I thought I could compete but alas after reading Sarah's luck with the GIovanni at TJ Maxx I can't come close. Thankfully there's not one near me or I'd be heading over there right now.
    I went out looking for a few supplies for school and while I was at Dollar General I found the Lustrasilk Olive Oil and the Shea Mango (bought both). Then while I was at Walgreens I got some of the Suave Cherry Blossom (smells divine) and yesterday I had ordered some from Hoity Toity. I think that puts me at 70 ounces. Not bad for someone who was just out to pick up some pens, paper and spiral notebooks!
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
    Oy... this is not a contest I wanted to win. Someone out there, all you PJs... please? For the record, my product stash is confined to one drawer. So, hmph.
    CG since July 8, 2008!
  • LunacurlLunacurl Posts: 150Registered Users

167.5 ounces!

They were only $12.99 each at T.J. Maxx and came with a pump, so I just couldn't resist trying them for that price. I'm enjoying the Smooth as Silk and 50:50 so far, but I haven't tried the TTTT yet. DH the enabler went back and bought three more bottles after I had bought only two, so I think he should be accountable for those. I've told him I have no more room for conditioners, so I'm forbidden from purchasing more until I've at least made a dent in all these!

Giovanni at TJ Maxx???????? Daaaaaaamn! I'm going to have to get my butt over there tomorrow.
    CG since 2002
    True 3b, but looser curls since moving to drier climate. BSL thick, medium-course hair with some 2C/3a on canopy. Curlygirl since 2001. Devachan client NYC from 2001-2005.

-co-wash w/Devacurl No-Poo or Suave conditioner
    -condition Deva One Condition or GVP Balm
    -i never use a leave in
    -style with KCCC or Angell or Devacurl Styling Cream
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,204Registered Users
    Oy... this is not a contest I wanted to win. Someone out there, all you PJs... please? For the record, my product stash is confined to one drawer. So, hmph.

Hey if I'd have run into Giovanni at TJ Maxx like that I'd have stocked up too. I did get a liter of the TTT shampoo there once for $9.99 and if I hadn't been traveling I'd have bought more stuff. I just don't have one near me now or I'd have been over there in a heartbeat.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote: »

Ahem, no.... *total guano* you want to get the EO Rose and Chamomile Nourishing Conditioner :thumbright:

It made Jillipoo's no. 2 spot on her product awards.
    2b/3a.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users

167.5 ounces!

:laughing1: I KNEW you were gonna CAVE!! Don't you just love it when the husbands get involved? A few weeks ago Giovanni was on sale buy one get one. I forgot about it and was snowed in, it was the last day of the sale. I made DH stop at RiteAid on his way home!! Of course, he uses it too so I had a leg to stand on. HEEEEE!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • jaimersjaimers Posts: 98Registered Users
    HAHAHA

I almost bought a 2-liter jug online last night. Then I saw the price, and then I thought about the shipping costs!!!
    DEL2C wrote: »

167.5 ounces!

:laughing1: I KNEW you were gonna CAVE!! Don't you just love it when the husbands get involved? A few weeks ago Giovanni was on sale buy one get one. I forgot about it and was snowed in, it was the last day of the sale. I made DH stop at RiteAid on his way home!! Of course, he uses it too so I had a leg to stand on. HEEEEE!

Cave I did. When he got home with three more bottles, I asked if he had gotten any of the shampoo for himself (I don't use shampoo at all, but that's all he uses). He said he didn't think his head was worth $12.99--I'm glad he thinks mine is!
    CG since July 8, 2008!
  • jaimersjaimers Posts: 98Registered Users
    OMG my head is totally worth $12.99 x2!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    jaimers wrote: »
    OMG my head is totally worth $12.99 x2!

Heck yeah! Curly heads are worth every effective penny.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • .Musical.Junkie..Musical.Junkie. Posts: 191Registered Users
    I've spent more money on hair products this past month since starting CG, then i probly did in the past year and a bit...its ridiculous, and i'm a university student so i really can't afford it haha, but yet i'm still buying stuff, i just opened a paypal account so i can order things online....terrible i know haha
    3B, fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Starting CG over beginning June 2013

Co-Wash: Treseme Naturals
    Cleanse: Waiting on DB and CJDF
    Rinse out: Biolage CB, Yes to Carrots, Giovanni 50:50
    LI: Treseme Naturals, Yes to Carrots
    Stylers: KCCC
    PT: IAgirl's PT

No: Polyquats, BTMS in leave-ins/stylers
    Yes: Protein, ACV, Oils