Giving In

The last time I dyed my hair was at the beginning of November right before going CG. I did that only because the sun had lightened my hair so much that it was quite a contrast between my natural color and my roots. (My avatar pic is the color the sun turned my hair. My natural color is a dark, dirty blond.)

But the color I went with has completely faded out so now I have 4 inches of regrowth and really brassy ends.

I'm giving in and dyeing my hair. I can't take it anymore. Let's just pray that the color doesn't completely wreck my curls. I was hoping to just let everything grow out but I'm looking a bit ridiculous.

Any rec's on repairing hair after dyeing?

Comments

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    All I can say is give it 48-72 hours before you do anything with your hair after you dye it. Then, I would go gentle...CO wash and moisturize it...no heavy DT's for a week though. Just make sure it gets a lot of moisture from your conditioner/leave-ins for awhile.
    I'm no expert, but those are a few things I've heard.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't dye my hair, but you might go check out the board about coloring hair. :) I hear glycerin is problematic on dyed hair, but like Boomy, I donno for sure. ;)

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights