is there any product that you can put on dry hair...

VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users Curl Neophyte
to reduce frizz when, say, you've been caught outside when it's drizzling?

Comments

• starcrosserstarcrosser Posts: 183Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use regular aloe gel like this. But I've also used any lighter weight gel (like Herbal Essences Totally Twisted) and even mousse, believe it or not.
    3A curls, fine texture, thin (it's always been that way). A few inches past shoulder length and would like it to grow very long.

Latest routine:
    Sulfate-free shampoo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Elucence, Bedhead Superstar
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner, DermOrganic Masque, Redken All Soft
    Style: DermOrganic Argan Oil Treatment/Serum, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Oyin Hair Dew
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Me, too on the aloe gel, either straight or in a 50/50 spray with water. Scrunch through and let dry completely then scrunch out any remaining crunch.

I've also used a little Samy I'm Twisted spray gel, but rather than spraying since it comes out in big heavy blops, I spray on my hands, emulsify, smooth over the canopy then scrunch some to reactivate the curls. I think some use L'Oreal Tightly Wound spray this way, too. But for me, it gets stiff and crunchy and won't scrunch out.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I used a little DM Aloe & Honey Jelly last night on dry hair to refresh it and it worked pretty well -- better than the results I've been having with it on wet hair.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deletedelete Posts: 815Registered Users
    If my hair's dry and frizzy but all my products are in, I use some conditioner and LOOB. I mix them together, just enough to coat my hands, and then fix whatever areas are gross.

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I emulsify a bit of pink boots between my palms and apply to the halo frizz
    2b/3a.
  • DewPt.40DewPt.40 Posts: 100Registered Users
    I like aloe. I've been smoothing it in.
    3A-fi, with 2B underlayer, fine/thin hair with some wily greys.
    Devacut 11/14/08. CG since late Sept 08.

New Experiments: CK, HoneyHemp CO, ACV Rinse, Honey, soap bar, aloe, KCCC, JC N&S, AOHR, AO GPB
    Want to try:
    Jojoba Oil or Coconut oil
    GTTT
    KBB
    KBB Super Silky
    KCNT

• laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    My curls like Pantene Curls Gel for this. It reclumps curls beautifully. It doesn't have enough hold to use as a regular gel though.

I've had negative results with aloe, but it may be because my hair is so porous and aloe, to be a gel consistancy, is so alkalyne (and hair with its cuticle closed is on the acidic side).
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the ideas!

I have had a little success using Garnier Curl Construct mousse, but a gel might work better since they tend to be a bit heavier.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I really like Lustrasilk on dry hair and it's glycerin free, if that's a concern for you this time of year. Sometimes, I top it off with a few drops of Jojoba oil on my hands smoothed all over and scrunched, it helps with the little bit of crunch left over from the LOOC.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    msgiblet wrote: »
    I used a little DM Aloe & Honey Jelly last night on dry hair to refresh it and it worked pretty well -- better than the results I've been having with it on wet hair.

Did you scrunch or smooth, MsG?
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,724Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    My hair hates having anything put in it when it's dry with the exception of Ojon restorative treatment, which it adores.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    jillipoo wrote: »
    msgiblet wrote: »

Did you scrunch or smooth, MsG?

You know, I've only done it that one time and I swear my memory is going right down the toilet, but I'm pretty sure I smoothed on a little bit and then flipped upside and scrunched it in. I haven't tried it again on wet hair yet. It was feeling like there was too much oil in it.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    Tigi Control Freak Serum. It's more like a gel than a serum. The only silicone I see is Dimethicone Copolyol. It fixes all my post drying puffiness.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file