Can I do this?

OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,305Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Can I use a sulphate shampoo to strip buildup, do a K-pak protein treatment and a coconut oil DT all in one evening or is that too much for hair to handle?

I plan to do this tonight to see what happens with my hair. I will CO wash with Suave Naturals coconut in the morning, I think although the idea of washing w/o shampoo is more traumatizing than i thought it would be.

any advice welcome.
shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Comments

• curlicarlycurlicarly Posts: 242Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Actually, it's probably better to do it all at once. You won't have as much damage/dryness/etc. from the sulfate poo. Also, have you considered using a low poo or a baking soda rinse? (instead of the sulfate)
    3b/c coarse, porous (I think), and THICK! Mod CG since: 10/11/08
    Avoiding humectants and protein!
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    I did mine all at once when I started CG. It's probably better, and this way you can get started on all the conditioning right away.
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,305Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    and it seemed to make no difference at all to my frizz. I was so disappointed! However, I didn't give up and I tried again the next day using just the K-pak to see how my hair would react to just one thing. Well, my hair sucked up the K-pak so fast I don't think there was anything lift to rinse out. It knocked down the pouf and frizz to about 1/2 what is normally is and my hair colour actually looks darker and my sister asked if I had coloured my hair. :) About half way through the day, my frizz started to reappear so i smushed some K-pak with water in my hands and ran it over and through my hair as a leave in and it again sucked it up instantly. There is zero residue that I can see, no greasies or limpness and it tames the frizz much more than usual.

should i just keep stuffing my hair with as much K-pak as it will take? both as a DT and as a leave in? I'm not using any styling product or gel, I'm trying to just make my hair as healthy as possible right now. The oil did nothing good that I could see so maybe I'll try that later on again.

thanks for listening to my rambles, great curl day everybody!
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file