CurlTalk

Haircut

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
I just realized that it's been 5 months since I have had my haircut - no trims no nothing. I went and looked at some photos and you can tell my roots are getting pulled out. But boy, my hair does not grow.

For comparison I attached a photo from August and one from now. First one is August and 2nd was taken today.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
  • lapushkalapushka Posts: 601Registered Users
    It looks like it did grow a bit, but maybe your hair coils a lot more now, and it's not that visible dry. What's it look like wet and stretched out, no difference then either?
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    It probably is about 2 inches longer wet. And it does look like from the middle to the ends is curling more. I was just shocked when I took the photos and they don't really look different.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Your layers look longer for sure; the length could be curling up more. Whatever, it's looookin' good!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    I agree that it seems to have grown. It is curling tighter now, so that masks the growth. :) It still looks good! That's a good cut that can grow 5+ months and still look nice. :thumbright:

Lookin' good, hair twin! :D

Guano: My hair is looking funky. :( I think that last "trim" :rolleyes: she did to bring up the back did not work out. I would complain and go back, but I hate to drive so far and pay yet another $5 bridge toll. I may call her and let her know though. The top layer jumps up and it looks like I'm missing some hair in the back, a layer or two. :confused1: I might just go to the local stylist that fixed my last mess, she did a good job and it was 6 months and looked good.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Your layers in the back grew about 3 inches. The bottom length grew too. This is my hair too -- most of the action is in the layers rather than the bottom length. I think they want to catch up.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    I think if you go in for a trim it will look a lot like the Aug picture, more bouncy :) It obvious the layers have grown maybe leave the length and just trim them a smidge.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Your curls are tighter and that will pull the length up more. It looks 2-3" longer which is average growth for 5 months. Very pretty.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    After I scrutinized more I did notice the layers have really grown - like SBB said they must want to catch up...very odd!

It has grown out amazingly well - kudos to the haircut master!! I noticed I did not cover up my bald area on top very well-how embarrassing!

I am going to call today for an appointment!

And thanks for the hair compliments - you ladies are so sweet!
    Central Massachusetts

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    xcptnl wrote: »
    After I scrutinized more I did notice the layers have really grown - like SBB said they must want to catch up...very odd!

It has grown out amazingly well - kudos the haircut master!! I noticed I did not cover up my bald area on top very well-how embarrassing!

You call that a bald spot? Oh, pleeze, that's nothing! Mine is slightly thinner there too and I check it each morning before I leave to make sure I covered it. I've noticed that a lot of people's hair is naturally thinner there.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    Let us know when you are going in for the trim. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • Oriental CurlOriental Curl Posts: 201Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    xcptnl wrote: »

It has grown out amazingly well - kudos the haircut master!! I noticed I did not cover up my bald area on top very well-how embarrassing!

You call that a bald spot? Oh, pleeze, that's nothing! Mine is slightly thinner there too and I check it each morning before I leave to make sure I covered it. I've noticed that a lot of people's hair is naturally thinner there.

:laughing8: That's so funny! I've been wanting to start a thread called "Does anyone else have a hole in their heads?" since I started going CG, because I have a crown in just that spot too, and I'm constantly trying to cover it with errant curls. When my hair was straight it just fell straight down over it: I didn't even know it was there. Now, though? :dontknow: You're not alone.

You do a better job of covering it than I do. What do you do? I have lots of hair there, it just wants to lie facing out of that spot, and not over it.
    Hair: LOTS of fine hair, mainly variations of 2 (FIA), now cut into a just-above-the-shoulder layered bob.

Products: MOP C-System Curl Enhancing shampoo
    Original Source conditioners for co-washing and conditioning
    MOP C-System Curl Defining Cream
    Boots clear gel and/or Joico Joiwhip
    Joico Curl Activator on the second day.