Fine hair and the no-poo method?

irenedvirenedv Posts: 16Registered Users
Hi everybody,
I've got very thin hair. Conditioner can make it more heavy. Are there any girls with thin hair who have tried/are doing the no-poo method? Is it working for your hair as well, or is your volume decreased?
Thank you in advance!
Irene

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did it for six months and my hair was good. I added the natural soap bars to my routine (which are much milder then lowpoo) and my hair is better.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair's more medium to fine, and I have to low-poo occasionally because of scalp issues. I think I would have to anyway, though, because I tend to get weighed down pretty easily.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    My hair is fine to medium. I haven't pooed since I went CG. I only condition once a week. Otherwise my hair gets overconditioned and limp. Diffusing and product (ones I use are in my siggie) help me to maintain volume.

Everyone's hair is different though so what works for one might not work for another.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • curry curlscurry curls Posts: 1,083Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm doing the no poo thing, and my volume has gotten better. I have fine and thinish hair. It's working really really well for me.
    Started CG July 8, 2008

3B

Co-wash: Deva Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: Deva Decadence One Condition
    Leave-in/Styling: Deva Decadence One Condition and Deva Heaven In Hair
    Others: ACV rinses and protein treatments

• mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    I have fine-to-medium hair, and I have a crapload of it, and the no-poo method works fine for me. I've low-pooed a couple times and I'm not averse to it, but my hair is better without it.
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file